Can the EPG be modified?

richardinalex

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Alexandria, Egypt
At present I can't pick up the 2D signal - not suprising really in Alexandria.

The EPG still lists all the channels I can't receive - BBC, ITV, Disney, etc (rubbing a bit of salt into the wound)

Is there a way of amending (removing) channels that can not be received (or even those to which you have no subscription for?)

Secondly, and I know this is a bit of a daft question, but anyway, is it possible to tell the decoder that the time where it is located is actually + 2hrs UK time? I guess not seeing as the decoder is only meant to operate in the UK, but maybe someone out there knows different.

Cheers

Richard

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, this is one of 2old's pet rants, even in the most basic digital receiver your channels can be moved around and edited, but with the Sky digibox, it is set in stone, even the time as far as I know.

richardinalex

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Alexandria, Egypt
So thats a No then on those two points.

I think I'd agree with 2old on this one - seems a bit shortsighted to me - maybe it has something to do with the channel providers only agreeing to pay SKY all that cash, to carry their "minority" channels, on the condition that there was no way to delete them from their EPG. If we could delete them then their (minority channel providers) possible exposure would be reduced.

Is there a "favourite Channels" option - so that all the most common channels that you watch could be grouped together?

Richard

G

greenman

You can have 20 favourite channels with the blue button, read your manual on how its done.

richardinalex

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Alexandria, Egypt
Thanks for the help JD

It would be great to have a manual - but I bought the decoder 2nd Hand from e-bay (no problem there) - and it didn't come with the relevant literature.

Still I'll have a play with the on screen menus and see if I can cause further HAVOC to the decoder.

Cheers

Richard

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
To set up the favourites Richard, just go into Services/Favourites, its pretty limited though, it only gives you the ability to step up and down your list of channels after pressing the blue button.

richardinalex

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Alexandria, Egypt
OK

I'll have a play tonight with the "favourites" - let you know what I think tomorrow.

Thanks

Richard

richardinalex

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Alexandria, Egypt
"Favourite Channel" option - bit of a waste of time.

Whilst playing around with the Grundig box last night - I also noticed that when you press TV Guide you lose both sound and picture of the channel you were watching before.

Other decoders I have used (Echostar and Nokia) let you browse through guides without losing track of whats on the channel you're currently watching in.

Small thing, I know, but still a little annoying.