Can you get horizontal channels on nilesat (showtime)

R

Rd100

If you are in the uk can you get horizontal transponders on nilesat if so where are you and what size/type dish and what feedhorn/lnb are you useing

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
To receive nilesat Horizontal transponders you will dependent upon your location require a minimum of a 1.8 mrt and idearly a 2.4 mtr with both a professional feedhorn and LNB.

In the mid east location of the UK a 2.0 mtr precision dish with ADI feed horn And a PLL LNB you can and will receive the horizontal transponders for the majority without problem.

regards

Old Satellite

boro59

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+, Diseqc1.2 h-h sg2100a motor, Triax 90cm dish, 0.2 lnb,
My Location
cleveland, england
Hi rd100, now you got me confused i installed my system last week first time for me, i have just scanned through all the channels on 7w and can get nearly all horizontal but no vertical ? i`m in north east uk with 90cm dish / universal 0.2 lnb. dont know if this makes any sense.

R

Rd100

can you get 11.804 H 27500 3/4 or 11.996 H 27500 3/4

Are you sure as i get all the vertical transponders but only 3 weak Horizontal one's which are very weak the receive can not download the channels

Also see here

http://www.flysat.com/nilesat.php

boro59 said:
Hi rd100, now you got me confused i installed my system last week first time for me, i have just scanned through all the channels on 7w and can get nearly all horizontal but no vertical ? i`m in north east uk with 90cm dish / universal 0.2 lnb. dont know if this makes any sense.