Canale 5

hadiii

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 m dish
digital receiver
My Location
london (england)
hey i live in england and i watch italian tv thro a a receiver and a 1m dich, as you may already know italy just like england turned digital on the 30th of september and ever since thats happend i cannot see "canale 5" and im scared ill lose the rest of the italian channels that i like, could u please give me some advice of waht i can do to get canale 5 back and make sure all my other channels will b safe?
p.s. i have tryd reinstalling all the channels bt it makes no difference.
thaks
hadi

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi hadi,
welcome to the forum.
I have moved your post as it had nothing to do with the Freeview re-tune and should be in a new thread.
Regarding your problem there seems to have been a change and a new channel added, same name, same frequency but different PID's, which is what's probably caused the problem.
If you delete your current Canale 5 and then do a scan on 11919 V 27500 you should get it back.
If you have any problems please post back with the make/model receiver you are using.

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
In fact there are two versions of canale 5 on the 11919 transponder, one of which is generally fta unlike the one recently scrambled. So, rescan transponder to make sure you have both versions.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I believe Canale 5 is part of the Tivù Platform so don't be surprised if, when the population of Tivù Sat Receivers reaches a useful level, it becomes Encrypted.

That unhappy event may be a fair way off yet, though.

Then you (and I!) will have to shell out for a Tivù Sat Viewing Card (Italian TV Licence # required).

Next year, a CAM that will enable suitably equipped Receivers other than Mediaset Tivù Sat Boxes to read a Card should be available.

maxib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-5200D USB
My Location
UK
Hi, noob here, wonder if anyone can help. I re-scanned the 11919 transponder on my box and sure enough I got the new Canale 5. But I tried it on my parents' box (a Phoenix Apollo FTA) and cant seem to get it. I deleted the current one, rescan 11919 v 27500, a canale 5 came up but it is still scrambled. In fact I ha two on at one stage, one no signal and the other scrambled. At a loss what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated - they're really lost without their Canale 5!! Thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Wait until the next Programme ..... It is possible that, like other Mediaset Channels, they Encrypt due to Rights Issues on certain Programmes.

The TV Schedule is here:

_http://www.satellite.it/canali.asp

I'll leave you to fathom the Site out - took me a little while, but I'm a dab hand now! :)

Edit: Web Site seems not to be working at present ............ I don't have time to investigate either. Sorry.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Here's the current Mediaset Schedules:

_http://www.tv.mediaset.it/guidatv/

maxib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-5200D USB
My Location
UK
Thanks Tivu. I called home whilst doing it and the wife confirmed that she was watching Gerri Scotti in all his glory on who wants to be a millionaire so it wasnt scrambled. At a loss what to do next. :confused

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
maxib said:
Thanks Tivu. I called home whilst doing it and the wife confirmed that she was watching Gerri Scotti in all his glory on who wants to be a millionaire so it wasnt scrambled. At a loss what to do next. :confused

Don't go home, emigrate.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well the addition of the second version of Canale 5 on 11919 V 27500 2/3 is very recent as I've just checked all my Boxes and SWMBOs and they all had only the old (now permanently Scrambled) version stored.

BUT, there was no problem at all rescanning and adding the new version on any of those Receivers (SL65, Kaon KSF200 and Fortec Star "Lifetime Of Cr*P").

I suspect, therefore, that you are suffering either from a firmware glitch or from "finger trouble": Try to scan again, making sure to use the FTA only option - Do this at different times of day to minimise the risk of hitting the FTA version when it is transmitting Rights Restricted content (hence will Scramble temporarily anyway).

If that fails, delete the TP 11919, reboot your Box, add it back and Scan once more.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
IF your Receiver has the facility to manually enter PIDS and/or to create a "Custom Channel" (some do, some don't), then try VPID 516 APID 690 SID 5.

maxib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-5200D USB
My Location
UK
Ok thanks Tivu! Sounds quite complicated to a noobie like me but I'll give it a go and let you know! Thanks for the advice!!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
maxib said:
Ok thanks Tivu! Sounds quite complicated to a noobie like me but I'll give it a go and let you know! Thanks for the advice!!

Sounds complicated, but isn't really!

Just a matter of following through the Menus and taking care not to do anything rash ............ :cool:

maxib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-5200D USB
My Location
UK
Thank you SO muc for your help!! I deleted the 11919 and put it back in manually, rescanned and voila! I then messed up the order of all the channels - they've all gone in alphabetically which mean my poor parents have got some dodgy mature content channels in ch 1,2 onwards - oops! Will have to sort that out tomorrow but just happy to have them back in there somewhere!! Thanks again for all your help!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Good stuff :)

Tricky little blighters at times, these Receivers.

Godofmischief

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-6900 HD COMBO Super+ and a 1m motorised dish. Echostar and 80cm fixed dish. Pace and 40cm fixed dish. And a selection of analogue receivers too.
HP Laptop
My Location
St. Albans
Gordon. I need you to save my skin now, and you appear to be the only one who knows what they're talking about when it comes to the sat version of Tivùddt.

Ok! It's like this. My mother thinks the inability to watch 2 certain soap operas on Canale 5 is entirely my fault. As of Monday just gone, Mediaset are scrambling "The Bold and the Beautiful" and the following Italian soap in the early afternoons on Canale 5.

She is adamant that the new Tivùsat receivers and cards must be available here because of the demand of the Italian communities in the UK. I've looked for them everywhere, and I know they're not.

I'm of the view that we probably only need a card coupled up to the correct cam, and pretty much any current receiver will do the job. Getting a registered card is not a problem. But the CAM????

I'm at your mercy my friend. Do we know what cam will work with the Italian card?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Tivusat cards / receivers are only available in Italy - you need an Italian address to get one.

If you want one then just ask a family member in Italy to buy it and ship it over to you.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
If you look through some of the Threads (mainly my own!) in the Tivù Section of the Forum, most of the answers are there - somewhere.

However, as it's your Mum, here's a quick summary:

TivùSat Receivers and Smart Cards are supposed to be available already - but they do not seem to be anywhere near as available as perhaps they should be. Certainly you have no chance right now of getting one sent over, unless you are very well connected! I myself will try to get one next year during our pilgrimage to Lazio to see SWMBO's family.

There are plans to provide a CAM to enable non Tivù receivers to access the Platform, but that is scheduled for 2010. Originally it was late 2010 but I believe it may happen sooner.

In any event, you require an Italian Licence no. as a pre-requisite for obtaining access. I see you suggest this may not be a hurdle.

So I'm afraid I rather think that we UK based Italian TV afficionados may face increasing problems over the next few months, vis-a-vis clamping down on Rights by more widespread Encryption.

Sorry I can't provide a magic bullet.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Godofmischief said:
As of Monday just gone, Mediaset are scrambling "The Bold and the Beautiful" and the following Italian soap in the early afternoons on Canale 5.

Tell her it's all for the greater good, and then hide.

Godofmischief

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-6900 HD COMBO Super+ and a 1m motorised dish. Echostar and 80cm fixed dish. Pace and 40cm fixed dish. And a selection of analogue receivers too.
HP Laptop
My Location
St. Albans
Thnx Tivù. I rather thought the anwers might be around somewhere, so I appreciate the concise version, saving me from trawling.

I passed the info onto my mum, she thanks you, and will try to get her brother-in -law in Milan to bring the required box and card over. Then as I'm similarly trained as yourself (except Royal Signals), I might try some reverse engineering. There's going to be a lot of call for this equipment in this area, as I found when the FTA Canale 5 moved to 11919.