Canalsat

nicolasmori

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a tecnomate 1500CI+ with double LNB allowing me to receive both astra and hotbird
Hi,

I am new to the satellite world and i am looking at how to be able to view canal + and other channels of canalsat france. Now, i have a technomate 1500ci+. I saw on Kingofsat.net that the encryption is mediaguard 2. What does that mean? I really need your help. Thanks a lot.

Nico.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly. nico_psg@msn.com

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You cannot watch those channels unless you have a legitimate subscription card I'm afradid.

nicolasmori

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a tecnomate 1500CI+ with double LNB allowing me to receive both astra and hotbird
rolfw said:
You cannot watch those channels unless you have a legitimate subscription card I'm afradid.

Hi Rolfw,
Followed your advice, and bought an original canal + card. However, as it is very expensive, i bought it of someone on ebay. It doesn't seem to be working, when i insert it in my smart card reader, it says invalid card. I don't know much but two possibilities occur to me. 1, the card is expired an need to be updated with new codes (and i have no idea on how to do that). 2) I need to put the card in a CAM which decrypt Seca 2 i think, and i don't have one.
You seem to know everything, so maybe you an help or guide me on to what to do next.

Thanks a lot

Nico

retainedstatue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+, Golden Interstar 8005CI, Dragon 4.1, opos 1.05
My Location
Merseyside, UK
nicolasmori said:
Hi Rolfw,
Followed your advice, and bought an original canal + card. However, as it is very expensive, i bought it of someone on ebay. It doesn't seem to be working, when i insert it in my smart card reader, it says invalid card. I don't know much but two possibilities occur to me. 1, the card is expired an need to be updated with new codes (and i have no idea on how to do that). 2) I need to put the card in a CAM which decrypt S*ca 2 i think, and i don't have one.
You seem to know everything, so maybe you an help or guide me on to what to do next.

Thanks a lot

Nico

I have no direct experience of canal+ but would be very interested to know how you get on as I am looking at getting one of these cards. Sometimes you need to leave the card in the receiver for several hours so that it gets the "activation" signal to wake it up if it hasn`t been used for some time. I`d try that first. yes, you do need a seca2 compatible cam, dragon is I think, along with many others. Of course the third option (and worst) is that you`ve been sold a dud on e-bay, i don`t know whether canal+ deactivate their cards when people stop subscribing, I know on Sky UK the card reverts to a FTV card when the sub is cancelled. Was your card bought as FTV or a full subscription (and from a private individual on e-bay or a company)

nicolasmori

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
retainedstatue said:
I have no direct experience of canal+ but would be very interested to know how you get on as I am looking at getting one of these cards. Sometimes you need to leave the card in the receiver for several hours so that it gets the "activation" signal to wake it up if it hasn`t been used for some time. I`d try that first. yes, you do need a S*ca2 compatible cam, dragon is I think, along with many others. Of course the third option (and worst) is that you`ve been sold a dud on e-bay, i don`t know whether canal+ deactivate their cards when people stop subscribing, I know on Sky UK the card reverts to a FTV card when the sub is cancelled. Was your card bought as FTV or a full subscription (and from a private individual on e-bay or a company)

I bought the card from an individual in France, don't know much else yet. However, yesterday, i brought the card to my local shop for the engineer to check it out.
Sorry, don't know what is FTV.

Cheers

Nico

retainedstatue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+, Golden Interstar 8005CI, Dragon 4.1, opos 1.05
My Location
Merseyside, UK
nicolasmori said:
I bought the card from an individual in France, don't know much else yet. However, yesterday, i brought the card to my local shop for the engineer to check it out.
Sorry, don't know what is FTV.

Cheers

Nico

FTV= free to view. It means that the signal is encrypted so can`t be watched without a card (which would be FTA=free to air), but it is not a subscription channel. Any channel which involves a one off payment for a viewing card but not monthly subs is FTV.