Cannot Fathom Dragon Out!

TheFrog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU + DUO with 500gb PVR
My Location
SW France
I am completely new to all this, but have just purchased a Dragon Cam. It came with a loader card and also an access card.
I am told it has been programmed with the latest Predator Firmware.

I haven't a clue what to do with it and my head is going round and round searching this (and other) sites. I won't be able to test it until about a weeks time when a motorised system is installed.

Do I simply put the cam and access card in the receiver? If so, what do I use the loader card for?
Sorry if the questions have been asked before, but as I said, I'm getting more and more confused by the day (age I guess). My brain doesn't seem to take it all in and the more posts I read, the more confused I get.

Can anyone give me a simple answer please or point me to a specific area to check.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
To load Dragon Cam using Dynamite and Predator.
1) go to http://www.qalonia.com/download.htm Dynamite downloads
2) Download Jungo drivers 6.21
3) Download Dynamite set up 2.5
4) Put both into same folder and unzip this will put drivers where they need to be and should put an icon in your start menu Dynamite 2.5
5) Download Preditor software I put mine in same folder unzip
6) Plug Dragon into UBS port
7)Open Dynamite and on home page click Phoenix and change to 6Mgh mode.
8) Now you can put Loader card in programmer
8) Go back to home page << at top of page
9) Click on Dragon
10) Open predator software, bottom left
11) Click write to.
Card should now be loaded Put card Dragon Cam, set reciver on FTA channel
Initiate via reciver menu when receiver says loaded switch off receiver at wall, remove card and switch on receiver again Cam will now be stand alone unit, so put card in safe place untill next time required

PS.This is for DYNAMITE PROGRAMMER, NOT CAS Programmer
Make sure which one you have, the software you have downloaded is for Cas.
When you open Dynamite the page should say Dynamite not Cas

irishsat

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 88cm - Humax PVR-9100
My Location
Dublin, Ireland
There was an old programme (running again now on Paramount UK) - and it always finished it's complex, multiplot episodes with the words: "Confused, you won't be after the next episode."

Except, when it comes to Dragon Cam, like the original poster, I get more confused everytime I log on to the net and run a search. And the 'official' site is no help whatsoever, nor are the couple of dealers I spoke to - incl. the one I purchased from.

I originally purchased a Dragon Cam about two weeks ago just to have my Sky channels incorporated into my motorised receiver's set up. Naiive I may have been but I wasn't aware that I could get 'extra' channels, so was very pleased when I realised I could.

Except the supplier never sent me a loader card. I have since had that rectified. I now have something called a Prussian Galaxy 3 in front of me and no idea what to do with it!

I haven't bought loader hardware yet because I'm not sure what I need, nor what exact;y it does.

I would happily enter codes using my remote (ala the auld D2mac days!) but I can't find straightforward info on that either.

So can somebody please post the ABC of Dragon Cam use?

Mine came loaded with the latest Predator 3.20 software.
It works perfectly well with my official smartcards (Sky, DigitAlb etc - but there's a question, will the DigitAlb card update itself within Dragon because I don't have a Conax cam and heard there could be issues).

The Dragon Cam clears just about all the Hot Bird channels it should according to the lists I've found in a couple of places.

It is only clearing Fox and Disney from 30 West despite claims that it should be clearing loads more channels there.

On Sirius 5 East it's clearing the channels that are receivable on my 88cm dish in Dublin.

I haven't been through Astra 1 yet but did try RTL4 & 5 as I remember these fondly from the analogue days. However, they are not clearing.

Other channels which the cam cleared for a few days are now lost - eg SVT Europa and the Phillipine channels at 5 West. To get these again would the latest software uploaded clear them, or can I manually enter keys? Or, if they're no longer cleared by the cam, is that it? They're gone forever?

I am also planning on getting a second Dragon Cam. Would this cause any problems?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this. I'm not sure why there is not a definitive page or site explaining clearly what needs to be done once a Dragon Cam is bought.

So, to summarise!
What's a Prussion Galaxy 3 and what else do I need to update my cam?
What exactly does the updated software do?
Can I regain lost channels by manually entering keys? If so how?
Does the DC update official cards - in particular DigitAlb?
How come I get some channels at 30 West but not all?

TheFrog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU + DUO with 500gb PVR
My Location
SW France
Thanks gameboy. I assume that after doing as you suggested, I then place the smartcard in the receiver and bingo, I have channels?

malcolm9

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I got a satellite echostar 2110 with Dragon twin cam.
My Location
Malta
Got Dragon twin cam with loader card on my echostar 2200 2ci and i only get multivison and tps no dutch channels is that all it gives you?

malcolm

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You can also get SRG and Cartoon Network/TCM on hotbird, Cabo and a few extra on 30W, at least for the time being.