cannot force download

simon 2003

Reaction score
HI i wonder if anybody can help...ive had a panasonic dsb 30 in my loft for over a year,when i tried it the time came up straight away(good sig) but shut off soon after,tried several times,it seems just as channels arrive it shuts down,first thought power supply but works (stays on)with no feed from lnb,second i thought tuner,but i added tp and used add channels then other channels and can get bbc1 if im quick,while im getting picture you can here little click as epg music comes in and listings arrive and all seems o.k,till you remove power then just shuts down again repeatedly till i do the other channels thing.all well and good but i cannot force a download??as i suppose tuner isnt kickin in
anyone any thoughts
im wondering if it has got damp while in loft and am leaving on for a while,
also anyone know how often sky do ota to digis as it must be quite regular and could cure my problem !! its very first version i think 2.7a2 should be about 3.4.11 or somethin now so that may be it as it locks up wrong s/w stylee if you flick channels too much,,any help would be very nice gents simon

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
There is a problem with Panasonics and downloads. If the machine has not been receiving regular updates then it sems that the EEPROMs become corrupted as they try to do a major update. From what I read the only option then is to take the EEPROMs out for replacement/blowing on the bench.

If anyone has heard differently lately I'm sure they'll post.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

PaulR

yoda-says

Reaction score
Hi
force download shuts down,power supply, tv on hold back up on receiver power up for 30s. on tv you will download take 15min

simon 2003

Reaction score
yoda-says said:
Hi
force download shuts down,power supply, tv on hold back up on receiver power up for 30s. on tv you will download take 15min
i know how to do it m8,read the question

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
simon 2003 said:
i know how to do it m8,read the question
Read The Question?....I could'nt even read the answer :rolleyes:

jtkeep

Reaction score
Hi I have a Panasonic TU-DSB31 which would not update for 5-6 months,
it was using the original factory software, i tried many times to force the update,
but nothing helped, experts on the forum said it needed repairs something to do with
the memory.
But after about seven months it updated itself just left it on so patience maybe.

all the best Thomas

whatswhat

Reaction score
yoda-says said:
Hi
Ignore the rudeness of post 5.
I've just bought one 2nd hand & your answer helped me!

bikko_2

Reaction score
dishdoctor said:
Read The Question?....I could'nt even read the answer :rolleyes:

That was a very constructive response 'dishdoctor' ! Why not try helping him instead of slagging off people trying to help.

simon 2003 : Scrap it and buy a new one

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Now Now Gentlemen, let's keep it friendly, we pride ourselves on being a friendly forum and the mods, Chris and I pride ourselves on making sure that it stays that way.