Can't remember initial setup proceedure.

danielb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 1.1m, Dm500s
My Location
birmingham uk
It was a few years ago i first set my dish up, so i cant remember for the life of me what i did :confused

MotorsedSuper DARK MOTOR
1.1m dish
Dreambox 500.

Anyway a few days ago i accidentally wiped my dream box, luckily i have a backup and all is well again.

However before restoring back from the fresh image, i had a go at scanning a few satellites and i got no transponder found.

What is the procedure to get the dish and box working together first time round??? i have completely forgot lol. The hard bit is done, the dish arc is fine.

I vaguely remember setting it to Thor the first time round, then i told it to go to 28.2 etc etc and it all worked well, i never manually set each position.

Did i use gotoxx? and have to tell it my latitude and longitude? Do i need to set the motor to a certain position? :confused

I'm looking for the guide i used, but thought id ask here in the mean time, i'm a newb AGAIN

Thanks all.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Try re-calibrating the DM by executing a goto ref/zero. Then check your co-ordinates and satellites using GoToX.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The motor may also have a reset button underneath it.

danielb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 1.1m, Dm500s
My Location
birmingham uk
Thank you both, so the mount has some kind of memory? ie it isn't just a motor. Is there a breakdown of how the various protocols work? Its a lot easy to fix something you understand lol.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The motor also contains a counting memory within the gearbox, which 'knows' where it is from a zero set at the reference point on the arc. That reference is stored until reset, which on some motors is a command from the receiver, but on others, a forced memory cleardown with a manual reset.