"cant validate Smartcard" on Nokia - Help!

B

bigga999

About 3 months ago I started getting this error on my Nokia box, when I try and view Sky Sports chanells, Sky Premier or Movie Max, Sky One and MTV. The rest of the channels work fine so far.

What do I do to get around this? I am very new to all of this, so I would appreciate detailled responses! also I dont onw a programmer or anything, so If I need to do any reprogramming, please let me know what I need and where I can get it from.

Muh Appreciated!!!

Bigga

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 22-Apr-02 AT 11:21 PM (GMT)]your card needs reprogramming with up to date hex.
popular programmer is an elvis using a goldwafer card. loads of places to buy them, mostly all internet purchase. if you look on previous threads you`ll find all you need to know. the unbelievable thing is that its really not that hard! honstly it really isn`t!

B

bigga999

thanks a lot!! I managed to get a programmer, and I know have a fully working service. However, how do I now make this card autoupdating card, and add the pay per view service to it (though i appreciate the service is cancelled at the moment)

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
not much point having an auto update card as
1) you have to extract info from your osc using MKF
and
2) it will only update the monthly codes and will not be able to handle the current twice monthly changes in hex.
The best program to use is kevlar (although version 1.7 is needed and hasn`t surfaced yet) or special k ( version 1.9 i think?)
The above will give you ppv movie channels, should they start up again.
Alternatively, you could subscribe to sky and legitimately get a far superior package than the bilge you find on itv digi.

S

shaggy

hellow mate there is only one thing you can do to watch the movie channels and the footy matches without buying a programmer is as follows

there is approx 25 seconds time delay beofore your box recieves the ecm and deactivates the card

if you switch your box off thus resetting it
go directly to the channel you want to wach ie s*k sports
wait 5-10 seconds
remove your ariel input cable from the back of your box
wait a few mins
reconnect the ariel
you can now watch that channel for as long as you like but as soon as you change channels the card will be ecmed

when you pull out the ariel the box doesnt recieve the ecm and after 30 seconds asumes that all is ok allowing that channel - sometines takes a bit of practice but is a guarenteed method its normally only used for emergencies ie late night ecms I would hold off on buying a programmer just now as we nont know whats happening to i*v digital

hope this is of some help