Card Splitters

kezzy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky plus box
My Location
aberdeenshire
hi, i'm a complete newbie here and am far behind the times as it would be, anyway my question is:

i have just bought a 8 way lmb so i can put a sky plus box in each bedroom, i have 3 of the boxes but i'm looking for a way to split one sky card between 4 boxes, is the possible at all? i keep finding card splitters that say they don't work on sky cards, why is this?

thanks for your help in advance guys

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Not entirely sure, think it's something to do with the timing of signals and information between the card and the buit-in CAM.

Reaction score
Get yourself a bunch of dreamboxs and setup a home network....one card in your sever and then as many clients as you want in your home just network them together.....

michael01707

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2m and 1.8m, Vantage VT-X221TS CI and 8000s, Technomate V-Box II, 18" Superjack actuator
My Location
London
They won't work with Sky cards because these card splitters do not support videoguard. I doubt the Murdoch companies would want to lose out on revenue from multiroom because of a device like this.

skull

satellite freak
Reaction score
Website
www.rdi-sat.com
My Satellite Setup
4x100 cm televe's dishes,with echostar quad lnb's, INNOVATIVE I.P, humax, echolink fta and kaon receivers. super jack h2h motor.
My Location
Persian gulf
**sirus the virus** said:
Get yourself a bunch of dreamboxs and setup a home network....one card in your sever and then as many clients as you want in your home just network them together.....

I AM NOT SURE ABOUT DREAMBOX...but truman 150 ulta x or truman 160 x or clones like neosat 1600 and amstar 1500 supports seca/videoguard....it can support upto 8 clients..no wiring is required just works with wireless transeivers which can work upto 100 meters. i have fixed one system with 4 receivers and so far so good it works.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
in the past i have an old card splitter on a pic 16c84 file,based on the irdeto system,works very fine,long time ago--:)
dont have any actual news about it !