Cardsharing question

Bram1nat0r

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000s
Hi,

I have a question regarding Sky UK and cardsharing.
At this moment me and some friends (+ perhaps new guys) are sharing a full Dutch Canal+ package with newcamd / cardserver / cardspider. Works like a charm ! Since the Sky UK package offers a lot of sport, I'm thinking of including a Sky UK card in my server. Can someone tell me if Sky can be shared through newcamd6.01 ?
I know that having a Sky peer in my carspider.conf is probably easier, but I won't ask for that :)

Can someone from the Netherlands order a Sky UK card ? Another question that popped up :)

Thanks in advance,

Bram
Ps I can be reached by email.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Bram1nat0r said:
Hi,
Ps I can be reached by email.

Hi Bram

Someone will answer your questions regarding the technical side, just be very careful not to solicit cardsharing in this forum, even in hints :cool: , as we will delete, chop and ban.
Cardsharing is a matter that is highly sensitive - which you obviously already knew as you read the rules :)
TG

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
Bram1nat0r said:
Can someone tell me if Sky can be shared through newcamd6.01 ?

no, it cannot. You need newcamd 5.28 or 5.25 with a patched cardserver, the 0961 version. do a google search for "S*y UK NDS newcamd". If you have more than about 4-5 people in your group you will run into problems, the S*y card will freeze a lot. A google search will also put you in touch with web sites which offer s*y UK cards to non ROI/UK residents.

unisport1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sat receiver
DVB
Hi there,

I would really need to know how to do the sharing.

Can you send me a howto by email please?

my email

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
unisport1 said:
Hi there,

I would really need to know how to do the sharing.

Can you send me a howto by email please?

my email

Welcome to the Forum Unisport :-bighappy

A few things:
1) Have you read all posts in this forum regarding card sharing before posting this question? If no, please do so and come back to us with more specific questions of what exactly you don't understand. Then maybe someone will post an answer.
2) Have you read the forum rules , especially regardin gcardsharing? Not that there is a problem with your post, but please be aware that we are very sensitive with the whole cardsharing thing.
3) If there was a "how to" it would be posted as a "sticky" in the forum. I doubt that you will get a complete "how to" sent to your e mail address by someone. If you do, please let me know as I would like to see it as well :)
4) The forum is built on sharing information, so sorting things out over e mail and PM is not really the way to go.

Other than that, I am perfectly happy! :-lmao

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
ask specific Qs about the technical side of CS and i will help u

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
This card sharing malaki is starting to p*** me off. All those new users coming in, not reading rules, not thinking about what they ask, they want you to give it on a silver plate and then don't even bother to answer....

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
T_G said:
This card sharing malaki is starting to p*** me off. All those new users coming in, not reading rules, not thinking about what they ask, they want you to give it on a silver plate and then don't even bother to answer....

When the system Emails them a confirmation link send a copy of the rules in the same Email and links to translations of the rules where possible. Just an idea!!!