CAS2 Xilinx help please

metheny

Reaction score
Hi folks, sorry if this is a bit basic , but could someone please explain the xilinx function? is is just for converting MM/MR, so if just updating MR.bin is it safe to ignore? If a cam has already been converted (on cas1) does that mean xilinx must be used?or would using xilinx on cam that dosnt have it kill the cam? Sorry if this is a stupid question , i am confused , Thanks for any help.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Xilinx is the name of the chip on the card, it isn't a process, the MR has a Xilinx chip.

metheny

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, if using a converted MM, just trying to update MR, is it safe to just ignore xilinx or does the MM have xilinx chip also? and how about convert back, using xilinx ? thanks for any advice, keep up the great work

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Once converted, you should be able to treat it as a Matrix Reloaded.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
The xilinx files are normally used to repair a damaged cam and not required for conversion either way.

metheny

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated, cheers from metheny