Category for Official Packages

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
I would like to suggest a new category for official satellite packages.
This way a member can post a thread regarding a certain package or channels in any specific package.
Information regarding cost of offered packages, reviews, how and where to buy, quality of channels, etc. can be very useful to members after a while.

Packages like:

Sky UK
Sky Italia
TPS
Canal Satellite
ABSat
Nova
Showtime
ART

etc.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks, not a bad idea, will come back to you on it after I've had a chance to think it out. :)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
I was thinking about this myself rolfw, and I think we could do this:

Rename the 'Astra 28.2 and Eurobird 28.5 including Astra 2D' section to 'Official Packages'.

Then have a sub-forum within 'Official Packages' called 'Packages Discussion EXCEPT Sky UK', in which there would be sticked threads of every package (within reason) of all the main packages; Premiere, Sky Italia etc etc, where discussion of each package would be focussed within the relevant thread.

I was also thinking, if we're talking about changing things abit, about collapsing all the sub-forums in the 'Gamers Section' into one forum and making the 'Gamers Section' a sub-forum of 'Computer Discussion'.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well the gamers' section is Chris's baby, will ask him what he thinks, will look at the possibility of your other suggestion, certainly would be logical to consider it that way. :)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
rolfw said:
Well the gamers' section is Chris's baby, will; ask him what he thinks, will look at the possibility of your other suggestion, certainly would be logical to consider it that way. :)

Whatever Chris says I'm cool with, can't question the landlord :D

dasteelman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm transparent dish
85cm Penta Dish (motored)
Black Ultra LNB
VU+Solo
VU+Duo
technomate 9100 linux
Quali-TV (4:2:2)
Eaglebox
UK nds card
My Location
Tyne and Wear
i like this idea....im always missing out on what channels are newly appearing on vairious packages

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I'll sort this out, but may still retain the 28.2 section as a separate section, as it has traditionally been a big interest section to our UK ex-patriate members.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
If you want to retain the 28.2 section, the other thing you could do I suppose is have an 'Official Packages EXCEPT 28.2' section and regionalise it; Europe, Middle East, Asia etc. But it's up to you, I'm sure there's a nifty solution :)

dasteelman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm transparent dish
Black Ultra LNB
VU+Solo
VU+Duo
technomate 9100 linux
Eaglebox
UK nds card
My Location
Tyne and Wear
also just a thought....if there is to be subforums for specific packages...then I have a feeling there will be constant questions such as :-

eg... Nova greece section

Is this package open?

Is this packaged hacked?

Where can I find the keys for this?

and so on.....

I think this will overwelhm the posts of transponder changes, new price tarriffs,,,,footprint sizes...etc

reason satellites.co.uk works so well is the fact that it is very different to all other forums...and doesnt deal in the bullsh*t of keys, etc...this due to the excellent mods and contributers.

I hope this forum stays this way...and never heads down the road of the "sleazy" side of the hobby...

just my oppinion fella's

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Questions of key etc is banned anyway, so that shouldn't affect it. The mods, including myself, will keep an eye out for that so no worries :)

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
international pay tv,forum,would be the best,with that,we could get an overview,what happens in usa/canada etc!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
With the greatest of respect to the USA and Canada, I'm not really too concerned about what is showing there, as we can't see it from here. More to the point, if we encourage chat about their packages, it will also bring in hundreds, possibly thousands of members from that continent, wanting to discuss free access to those packages. This we don't want, as a) our server is based there (could cause problems for us) and :cool: they have a different set of terms for everything and things get very confusing.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
rolfw said:
Thanks, not a bad idea, will come back to you on it after I've had a chance to think it out. :)

Thank you rolf for considering this.

I have made a sample of one package to illustrate what I have in mind.
You need to put the logo in the same subfolder as the htm page in order to see it also.

This would be the "home page" for each package, to be followed by threads as time goes by.

I didn't play with cosmetics like the background (Satellites.co.uk bg is nice). Any comments and remarks would be appreciated (e.g. other fields that anyone can think of)

Note: Tried to attach an htm page, but it is not on the list.
So I made a pdf file instead. Pity, since the hyperlinks don't work like with htm.

Attachments

• BBC Prime.pdf
    44.4 KB · Views: 41

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Very nice pdf, I think that would be great for an OP which the mod could update.

UPDATE: The new sub-forum are open. So rolfw did go for sub-forums for every package, looks very nice! Hopefully I'm wrong and this sparks many more new members :D Well done rolfw!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You can include an HTML page by using the iframe command in square brackets and /iframe in square brackets after the address.

Have made some provisional sections, there can be as many as we need. They may only end up with a cuple of threads in some, but I think the separate sections will allow some to develop better.

If you have an HTML page to include, it would be better to attach it in a zip and I can then upload it to our server.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
looks nice i have posted in the digitalb section with a channel line up and frequency list to start off

so the above is what is going to be posted in the sections ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Any information can be posted in any format, as long as it isn't about how to compromise the package. There will of course be sticky threads with the most basic info. :)

dasteelman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm transparent dish
Black Ultra LNB
VU+Solo
VU+Duo
technomate 9100 linux
Eaglebox
UK nds card
My Location
Tyne and Wear
I like...good work

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Here is an updated BBC Prime Package page, with more information.

I think that it would be better to have a form template that would have the same fields and members can fill it in with any html editor, otherwise there will be too many varieties.

I have attached such a form. Please let us have your comments.

rolf: Please delete the previous page from this thread. Thanks.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Not entirely sure whether we can go that route, as not everyone can use an HTML editor and I don't want to put anything in the way of getting people to put up the information on their packages.

This is the link to your file _http://www.satellite-newbie.co.uk/sat1/bbcprime.htm

Just insert it inside the iframe brackets in your post. :)