Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
We had two dragon fly's catching insects in front of the roof camera just before dusk, then a spider lol, roof camera now on the front of my house, this is the roofing ive ordered a bit pricey but it looks well and will last a life time.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tile-Effe...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item2c8763f077
View attachment 76636 View attachment 76637 View attachment 76638 View attachment 76639
Hi M.....must say looking good all round.
¿Possible you can give me a guide as to the brand and system of cctv you have.....motorised or not, wireless also useable as I see you mention running Ethernet cable (flat cable any good).....video output 640 x 480 or better. Any downside you have come across with the cctv install and its later working?

I at the mo have fixed lens wireless and want to upgrade but retain the fact that all is controlled by the laptop and do not want to buy a kit where a video recorder is part of it.

Has been good as I have had a couple of court appearances here with regard to tenants actions and the cctv has proved and won my cases!

A simple web site ref would be fine for me to have a read.

Thanks for that Martin, best wishes. respect-055.gif

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hi M.....must say looking good all round.
¿Possible you can give me a guide as to the brand and system of cctv you have.....motorised or not, wireless also useable as I see you mention running Ethernet cable (flat cable any good).....video output 640 x 480 or better. Any downside you have come across with the cctv install and its later working?

I at the mo have fixed lens wireless and want to upgrade but retain the fact that all is controlled by the laptop and do not want to buy a kit where a video recorder is part of it.

Has been good as I have had a couple of court appearances here with regard to tenants actions and the cctv has proved and won my cases!

A simple web site ref would be fine for me to have a read.

Thanks for that Martin, best wishes. View attachment 76642

Morning J, I know very little about them TBH, I just went out and bought this in the link below,
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2143941.htm
When I was messing around on 11mtr band I bought an antenna rotator for a yagi I made, I took the yagi down and installed the tv antenna on the rotor along with a camera, the Ethernet cable is only a gimmick to me so I can view it on my phone/laptop

Chris seems more clued up and should be able to help you more pal, as I say I just installed it and left it recording more of a deterrent than anything. I will be upgrading all tvs to smart so I can put it on any tv that will be on my network in the end
https://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/threads/my-motorized-aerial-with-camera.163637/

Sorry I cant help any more pal :(

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I've just recently put up a 720p IP camera, china made of course, to try and deal with some of the thefts from the yard, but for something that cost me £23 and a spare 12v wallwart (didn't come with one, plus chinese PSUs are frickin' lethal!!), it's pretty good, took a couple of weeks for the little ol' man from china to walk here with it, but good things come to those who wait... :)

Code:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281651351778

Only issue is that I wanted to use something like iSpy to record with, but, that didn't like the H.264 stream so had to use something entirely all too hard to configure called "Genius Vision", which I'm still fiddling with to calm it down with it's over-sensitivity to recording things!! :-ohcrap

I want to get another camera for out the back too, though it'll have to be wireless as I can't be bothered running an ethernet cable all the way back there...:-rofl2

A

Archive-8

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Ipcams at my other property, streamed back to an app on my iPhone called ipcam viewer.

These are the motorised type, just not to good at night as the double glazing reflects the IR's.

A

Archive-8

The only thing I feel I should point out is in the UK you are more likely to get yourself in to trouble if you record speech.

And as long as it remains a closed system (not broadcast to the web for all to see) you don't need to worrie.

As cctv for crime prevention is 100% legal.

A

Archive-8

Oh and you would need something like dyndns so you can view the internet stream :-)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
These are a couple of shots from my camera, aswell as the camera itself:

Yard.jpg YardNightshot.jpg IPCam.jpg

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
The only thing I feel I should point out is in the UK you are more likely to get yourself in to trouble if you record speech.

And as long as it remains a closed system (not broadcast to the web for all to see) you don't need to worrie.

As cctv for crime prevention is 100% legal.

The things I've been reading up on are that you're not to record audio, it has to be closed (I.E. can't be freely accessible on the web), and you have to have a "CCTV In operation" notice in public view, after that, you're covered under the Data Protection Act's rules... :)

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
A pic of mine.WIFI 20 meters down the garden line of sight works ok.
Video is a little jerky.Colour a bit washed out.Not bad for £33 ish though.
I have read reviews of far more expensive cameras.that seem worse.

Attachments

• P1010892.JPG
    P1010892.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 27
  • P1010891.JPG
    P1010891.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 25

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location

I was expecting my camera to be a complete POS, but the video quality is pretty good, not jerky or with odd colours, and it's low-light non-IR quality is pretty damned good, bright and easily defined even when my eyes can barely see anything!! Well worth the £23 I paid, just lacks the Wifi... :)

I have been looking at those wifi Sricams, but need to save the pennies for one of them (Yeah, I know it's only £10 more than my cam, but, £10's a lot of money to me at the moment!!)... :)

A

Archive-8

The things I've been reading up on are that you're not to record audio, it has to be closed (I.E. can't be freely accessible on the web), and you have to have a "CCTV In operation" notice in public view, after that, you're covered under the Data Protection Act's rules... :)

Yes you are quite right :-) I have the videos of the perpetrators causing the criminal damage to my property. It was over 3 years ago now. But I still can not show the videos to anybody. As I handed in my statement and video to the police. It's only the police that are allowed to release pictures of the perpetrators.

If I do, then the perpetrators can take legal action against me!!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
If I do, then the perpetrators can take legal action against me!!

Yup, it's a screwed up world we live in, they think they can exist outside the law, but use it against those who have suffered at their illegal acts, kind of stupid really...

A

Archive-8

Take recording your own phone line (like I do) is legal.

Now if I want to be able to use it for my own use, then I don't need to tell them.

But then I can't use it at all so no point really, now if I switch on the 1 minute beep, and tell the caller that that are being recorded then I can use it for legal purposes.

The beep has to be there as a time stamp. (Just like the police recorded interview)

It's good to ring the bank and tell them 20% of the staff try to tell me it's illegal and hang up on me :-) they just don't like being caught out!!

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
Morning Chris.
Beginner really at the CCTV installation side so perhaps you can calm my thoughts!
In the picture the cabling I assume consists of LAN connection, power supply and a reset button.
¿Do you leave all that cabling external to sit by the camera and have to weather protect it or do you simply drill a large hole and have the cabling interior?

Just my thoughts but I dont think I would like to see that 'lump', even boxed in, on my lounge wall! The main cable itself looks very short so I guess the power supply connection lead has to be a very good length.

Just would like to see how yourself and others have cosmetically installed such a model of camera.

Thanks Chris and all. respect-048.gif

cctv.JPG
A pic of mine.WIFI 20 meters down the garden line of sight works ok.
Video is a little jerky.Colour a bit washed out.Not bad for £33 ish though.
Hi pontiend,
You mention a run of 20m, that would suit me fine here. ¿Did you have to run an external power supply plug to connect as I imagine the power plugged lead that actually came with the kit was only a few meters at best!?

Not at all electrically capable so forgive my words and caution. :D

Best wishes and thanks.

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
It has a normal power plug.The cable is not more than a meter long..I already had a power supply to the pergola that it is mounted on.
It is in line of site from where I and my WIFI Router are in conservatory.I have seen reports that reception is not as good if walls are in the way,A ethernet cable can be used.But I would think that that would apply to others.