Sharp Aquos
Panasonic HD DVD recorder
Sky+HD receiver
Humax Icord receiver FTA DigitalSD with hard drive
Topfield TF 4000 PVR
My Location
Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset
Success wit ITV HD on my iCord at last.
A friend who has the confidence & knowledge of PC's set up the Uniformula. The iCord didn't want to know the "new" channel that we set up with PID's given on this forum. We played around a bit by copying the BBC HD channel & then cancelling the last 4 digits of the PID's; the software then converted thosePID's into the digits it wnted to see & Bingo.:)

Getting back to the use of a CAM & my Sky card in the iCord as mentioned in my last posting.
OK so the EPG won't work but will I be able to get the encrypted HD channels that are on my basic "Family package"; Discovery etc.?
I don't think it's worth the expense if it will only enable me to get c4.

Cheers
John

DJP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sharp Aquos
Sky+HD receiver
Topfield TF 4000 PVR
My Location
Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset
Sorry for quoting my own posting but I'm hoping somebody out there will be kind enough to answer my question.

Getting back to the use of a CAM & my Sky card in the iCord as mentioned in my last posting.

"OK so the EPG won't work but will I be able to get the encrypted HD channels that are on my basic "Family package"; Discovery etc.?
I don't think it's worth the expense if it will only enable me to get C4 HD."

Basically what I'm asking is; will fitting the correct CAM with the correct programing & my present Sky card permit me to receive Sky programs within my package in HD?
I assume that with the Sky card set up & working, that all of the channels in my Family package will be there on my Humax.
That is rather a pointless exercise as the Sky card in my Digibox does it all except nor being able to record programs.
So, in a nutshell, will I be able to get the encrypted HD programs using my Sky (SD??? not Sky+) card?

Thanks
John

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
No, you won't get Sky HD channels with your card. End of story.

Llew

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You would need the Sky HDTV subscription ( + £10/month ) to allow you to watch the HD versions of the channels.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
Robbo said:
The question remains however, will a non Sky receiver, (be it a Humax, Technomate,Dreambox etc, with the necessary CAMs (eg Trex, Diablo) or patch or Image plug-in etc) let you watch the Sky HD channels with a Sky HD subscription.?
Sky HD is reported working on a dreambox 800 (and 8000 ?), when using a Sky HD subscription card. Of course, to get a Sky HD subscription card, you need to buy a HD digibox, which can then be shelved .............:cool:

stvy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-s
My Location
norway
Hi,

I can confirm that a valid S*y HD subscription card clears all the channels to which it is entitled (e.g. SD and HD) on a DM800 using newcs v1.60 and MGcamd v1.30.

So it works........

However I have had the odd problem with the card deactivating. I.e. this setup does not seem to keep the card alive. (2 occurrences in the last 8 months.)

I never had any problems with the card deactivating when I ran newcamd v6.## in a DM7020-s but that is not an option for HD......

Cheers,

Stvy

DJP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sharp Aquos
Sky+HD receiver
Topfield TF 4000 PVR
My Location
Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset
Thanks, we got there.
So to get Sky HD on any suitably set up FTA box I need an HD subscription.
Question answered; I wonder if things will change?

Thanks a lot chaps
John