Changing a DMRE50 DVD from PalI To PalB

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Is it possible to change the sound of a Panasonic DMRE50 or 55 from uk pal i to spanish pal b, so that a uk dvd recorder will record and play back spanish broadcast tv with the correct sound....you can change languages in the menu's but this does not change the sound frequencies...any help would be appreciated.............brian

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Didn't think it mattered about the sound on a DVD recording, as long as you are not playing back or recording from the RF input it should work fine.

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
That's exactly what i need to do, record broadcast tv thru the rf input,but now i have a spanish terrestrial digital box connected by scart and can record the picture and sound perfectly............but.........is it possible to change a uk panasonic dvd recorder from pal i to pal b ..is it a firmware thing?.......................

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I would guess that it is a firmware difference, why they can't make all of the options available escapes me, but they don't appear to and if you change it to the other firmware (if you can get it), it probably won't operate with PAL I .