Changing Flash Image

tighbuidhe

Reaction score
Hi guys, wondering if someone can help me out please.
I have beta108_2-1.img installed in my flash and wish to use Flashwizard to change to the new dm7000_beta109.img, to get the best out of the new hydra and gemini images.
My question is, when I change flash images will my configuration, (stored satellites and channels) be saved or will I have to rescan. I run my dreambox through a V-box and manually tuning in all the satellites is a long painful process.
Please tell me an easy way to do it for a newbie or better still that it will all be saved automatically.
regards and thanks
tighbuidhe

davvamak

Dreamer
Reaction score
Website
www.fakeplastic.8m.com
My Location
liverpool
use DreamBoxEdit to save all your config files (satilites.xml, boquets etc). Then when you have your new image on, send the settings back to the dreambox.

dave mak

tighbuidhe

Reaction score
davvamak said:
use DreamBoxEdit to save all your config files (satilites.xml, boquets etc). Then when you have your new image on, send the settings back to the dreambox.

dave mak

thanks again for the advice Dave.
tried unsuccessfully with DreamBoxEdit1.80 but all sorted now.
backed up my original flash settings with FlashWizard 5.0 then transferred them back after upgrading. Finally transferred the saved config file using FlashFXP and all was restored. :D :D
regards
tighbuidhe

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
tighbuidhe said:
thanks again for the advice Dave.
tried unsuccessfully with DreamBoxEdit1.80 but all sorted now.
backed up my original flash settings with FlashWizard 5.0 then transferred them back after upgrading. Finally transferred the saved config file using FlashFXP and all was restored. :D :D
regards
tighbuidhe

What seems to be the problem with the dreamboxedit? Works fine here...