Channel 4-New 2A tp

ax197

Reaction score
Hi Analoguesat,

Any ideas as to which new tp might C4 have contracted on 2A ??

thanx

ax

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The press release on the SES site seems to indicate they have got a full tp.

SES ASTRA, an SES GLOBAL company (Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchange: SESG), has concluded an agreement with Channel 4 from the UK for a third transponder on its satellite ASTRA 2A in the orbital position 28.2° East. The new long-term agreement follows a successful two-transponder deal with Channel 4 in autumn 2004. Channel 4 will use the additional capacity to support the expansion of new services, including the launch of new channels and associated data services.

The new channels include the recently launched Quiz Call and More4+1, which is scheduled for launch today. Quiz Call is devoted to quiz and game-show programming that gives viewers the chance to compete for cash prizes. More4+1 will offer a blend of documentaries, films, drama, current affairs and a daily news program, and may include a late-night studio discussion show.

Alexander Oudendijk, Senior Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer of SES ASTRA, said: "Channel 4 is one of Britain's most prominent and innovative terrestrial broadcasters whose programs are watched by more than three-quarters of the UK population during an average week. Channel 4 is also an important customer for us and we are delighted that the company has once again come to us for additional transmission capacity."

Kevin Burrows, Channel 4's Chief Technology Officer, said: "We will be exploring several projects over the coming year and this third transponder will give us the capacity to launch new and supporting services as these plans develop. We chose SES ASTRA because we have a long-term relationship with our current contracts, and the company was able to provide a flexible option for us to take additional capacity as our needs develop. We have also found the service to be extremely reliable, which is a crucial broadcasting requirement."

If this is indeed correct then it will have to be one of the currently unused tp's.

The 2A tp loadings are here

http://www.lyngsat.com/astra2a.html

Phil_S

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ PVR1
Dreambox 5620
P3 900MHz
Must be transponder 13 as it is the only one not in use.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
1,4,5 & 13 are all off air at the moment :>D

Phil_S

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ PVR1
Dreambox 5620
P3 900MHz
That's what the listing says....look with an analyser.

Phil_S

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ PVR1
Dreambox 5620
P3 900MHz
1 has been up and down with $ky services, 4 is $ky EPG and 5 has a carrier there which doesn't scan. Same with 32 & 33.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
:) I want a speccy analyser for Christmas now :)