Raddy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tm 1500ci+ super
motorised Diseqc
90cm dish
My Location
Yorkshire
Im using a Tm9100 and i cant seem to be able to receive channel 4, is this normal ive looked around and i cant find whether 4 is available on freesat yet.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
When I first picked it up on FTA I had to rename it. The channel name is not being transmitted so you'll have to look for it close to the same frequencies as more4 and e4 then rename it.

Raddy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tm 1500ci+ super
motorised Diseqc
90cm dish
My Location
Yorkshire
Ok thanks guys, yeah i did a search on 10728 V 5/6 22k transponder and it came up as 8350 as Analoguesat said. Thanks for your help.

p

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm gregorian
5way zone2
My Location
Rainham, essex
whilst were at it whats 8389 ? guessing 4 +1?

snaffles

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SilverCrest SL 65
My Location
Ireland
8389 is actually E4, Although it can also be found under the label 'E4' with EPG embedded. (unlike 8389)

testpie

Cheapskate
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Skyline 1000 @ Astra 28.2E(ish)
My Location
North West
Just wanted to say thanks and bump this thread for anyone who, like me, was ready to go outside and chuck some bricks at their dish to see if Channel 4 turned up...

niallieb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky satellite disk, quad LNB, 1 sky receiver box & 1 Humax HD receiver.
My Location
Newry, Co. Armagh
Hi, I'm a complete newbie to satellite and have recently bought a Humax 2000 HD receiver. I have it attached to my Sky satelliet dish usning a quad LNB. I've been advised to get a Diablo CAM, as this will further increase the number of channels I can receive. Is this true and if so, what do I need to do after purchasing the CAM? Can it just be added to the receiver box or do I need to load software onto it?
Any help or info greatly appreciated, I am a complete novice!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No real point buying a diablo if you have your dish pointing at 28E - its not going to give you anything extra as it stands..

If you buy a 20 quid freesatfromsky card it will give you Sky 3, C5 and its siblings, and Sultana Sports News, but thats it. The card will need activating in a sky digibox, and will aldso need to be returned to the digibox once a month or so to get its "stay alive" signals.

niallieb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky satellite disk, quad LNB, 1 sky receiver box & 1 Humax HD receiver.
My Location
Newry, Co. Armagh
Thanks for the info. I'll have to double check the exact satellite's I'm pointing at, but I know Hotbird, Astra1 and Astra2 are three satellites I can point at (I will need to check the exact direction they are pointing). There are a huge number of channells listed, but I can only view a certain number, the BBC channels as well as a number of foreign channels being some. I have been told that I can increase the number of channells available to me with a Diablo CAM. I need to download some encryption keys??? Is this true and is it hard to do?
Thank you in advance, niallieb.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
niallieb said:
Thanks for the info. I'll have to double check the exact satellite's I'm pointing at, but I know Hotbird, Astra1 and Astra2 are three satellites I can point at (I will need to check the exact direction they are pointing). There are a huge number of channells listed, but I can only view a certain number, the BBC channels as well as a number of foreign channels being some. I have been told that I can increase the number of channells available to me with a Diablo CAM. I need to download some encryption keys??? Is this true and is it hard to do?
Thank you in advance, niallieb.

Sooooo off topic, start a new thread mate.:)