Channel Master 1.8/2.4m

Keano mate - I have tried to get hold of Kimbo the last few days with out any luck, I know the last few days you have struggled with the horizontal beams would 80 miles from Manchester to Wolverhampton/Birmingham make that much difference in the signal quality mate on a 2.4m Channel Master.
 
m8 I would love to say yes but I can not be 100% sure.

I reckon you would be OK for 11996H because its on the verge here but I don't think 11804H would come in.

I get it back to 60% at about 19.45 at the mo, I want to see what happens after the 22nd Dec.
This is when the nights start to get longer so in theory the UK should be making its way back South.

Hang fire for now and I'll keep you updated on how things are here, better still wait for kimbo to get his and see what results he gets.
 
Jacko Mate - Sorry I havnt been in touch mate been a little buisy at work at trying to organise this monster dish. They have promised it will arrive on Thursday so I need to get two other guys to help me off the lorry, It comes with the King post as well. If all goes well we will need to dig up the ground for the king post to go into and cement down, So Hopefully early next week I should be in a position to report my findings with pictures etc. My wife thinks i am bonkers but I have explained that if we dont go to the away games with the kids within a month we have got our money back. Its a small world mate as the old couple you bought that dish from in Redditch my installer fitted the original dish to their Son some years ago. You picked up a bargain there mate.

Jacko i have also spoken to two card dealers who sell the official cards have assured me that the 2.4m should be okay in the Midlands as they have sold them, I know of a pub in the Midlands that have tried a 1.8m Channel Master like myself and it is just on the verge but does not hold the horizontal beams.

As Keano said this will be my third dish that pile of Sxxx Fortec 2.4m dish the Channel Master 1.8m ( Borrowed ) which outperformed the Fortec dish and now when it arrives the 2.4m Channel Master.

All I need now is to find out at the end of the football season my football team get relegated. Oh well expensive hobbie. Will report back again later.

Are you still struggling Keano with Horizontal?:-bigsanta
 
Hi m8,

Yes H beams are not watchable here at the mo during the day, 11996H is on the verge all day and maybe is watchable with a bit of glitching but thats it all other H beams forget it.

They come back stronger at about 20.00 and stay until about 09.00.

So I suppose for the evening games it will be OK.

I am sure yours will be OK I think that 80 miles south of me will give you the extra % you need.

It will be interesting to see what happens next weekend ( 22nd ) this is when from what I can work out the North pole starts to make its was back towards the sun again.
Which means the UK will be going the same way and hopefully getting it self back towards the nilesat footprint.

Interesting to hear about the dealers selling cards, just be careful you don't buy a gamma card.
Would be interesting to know what they are charging.

keep us updated and i will do same:-Cbigsmil
 
Sorry. But above 1m80 is it not better to go prime focus with the match feedhorn. The dish could be cheaper if petalised. Are you using offset dish at that big dimension?
 
Kimbo and Jackson

Just to let you guys know, showsports is still OK here apart from when it pours down.

It still on about 61% on db.

Hopefully now that the UK is making its slow way South then things should improve.
 
ttime said:
For the record guys.

Using Maplin's 'rubbish' dish, 2.4m , in London.

All Nilesat, all the time available. In heavy rain - while Sky on minidish fail - Showsport still kicking.

C120 / feedhorn used and a few days fine tuning required.


Putting the dish together is nightmare (2 ppl job), mounting is a piece of cake.

btw, how much are the 1.8m and 2.4m channels masters ?

I hope this is of some help

Ant chance you could post your LNB / Feed Horn settings, i.e. Focal length etc ?

Thanks
Syd.....also with a Maplins 2.4 & Invacom LNB / C120 feed Horn
 
@Syd

M8, the distance of the LNB from centre of dish is not far from what the recommended value in what they call manual that comes with the dish, I think it was about 91cm.

I fully recommend that you try yourself and not worry about what the numbers are.

Take a TV next to the dish , locate 7W and fine tune using a decent receiver.

Make sure prior to that you test your dish with diagonal strings as diameters, say 4 strings, they should not only meet in the middle within less than 1/2 inch , they MUST be on the same level, if one or two is 1/2 inch above or lower than the rest of strings then the dish is NOT level, you would need to sort it out before testing for signal, this makes HUGE difference.

After that, the LNB/feedhorn, distances, Skew and all those are simply trial and error and no more than fine tuning, I wouldn't worry too much about that as the main thing is to make sure the dish is in shape then you can take your time with LNB etc.
 
Back
Top