Channel Master 1.8 Offset Stringing accuracy.

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Ahh, ok ta.
Cheers MB.
Had a reply back from Julian @ Elite, just clarifying a couple of things with him. Very helpful chap.

John,

Yes, Julian is very helpful and always has time for small individual enquiries. It will be interesting to see the quote they provide for a 2.2m antenna
Some of the Elite staff are from the old Precision days and have good knowledge of the old antennas and kit and their evolution over the years.

Did you ask for just the reflector with mounting ring or where there extras such as feed support arms, waveguides etc? I am not sure if the C Band and Ku Band feed support arms are different gauge nowadays. I have several sets of Precision Ku Band feed support arms that accept a 10mm stud/bolt, however, the Elite C Band support arms I have accept a 12mm stud/bolt. The C Band feed support arms might be stronger gauge due to the weight of the ADL/Viking SatCom C Band feeds, they are quite heavy.

Rgds

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
John,

Yes, Julian is very helpful and always has time for small individual enquiries. It will be interesting to see the quote they provide for a 2.2m antenna
Some of the Elite staff are from the old Precision days and have good knowledge of the old antennas and kit and their evolution over the years.

Did you ask for just the reflector with mounting ring or where there extras such as feed support arms, waveguides etc? I am not sure if the C Band and Ku Band feed support arms are different gauge nowadays. I have several sets of Precision Ku Band feed support arms that accept a 10mm stud/bolt, however, the Elite C Band support arms I have accept a 12mm stud/bolt. The C Band feed support arms might be stronger gauge due to the weight of the ADL/Viking SatCom C Band feeds, they are quite heavy.

Rgds

Yes, very refreshing to have a friendly easy going enquiry. I remember the purchase of the original 2.2 Precision was a little bit harder going lol.

To keep costs down to a minimum Iv'e asked Julian for costs for a 2.2 & 2.4 reflector with back ring only., absolutely nothing else required. If possible with no paint. Julian asked me if i needed it delivering or did i want to pick up ... i will have to weigh the two options up to see whats the best way.
Just waiting for Julian to get back to me now.

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
Hi John, can you remember the F/D on the 2.2 precision, has Elite done any alterations do you know.

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
Hi John, can you remember the F/D on the 2.2 precision, has Elite done any alterations do you know.

Not at this moment Blade. Strangely enough i was trying to find that out myself this morning due to the fact i have some ADL Super scalar Cband rings that i used on the 2.2.
I bet @Channel Hopper might know.
Still waiting for Julian to get back to me with some figures btw, must be a busy chap.

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
Not at this moment Blade. Strangely enough i was trying to find that out myself this morning due to the fact i have some ADL Super scalar Cband rings that i used on the 2.2.
I bet @Channel Hopper might know.
Still waiting for Julian to get back to me with some figures btw, must be a busy chap.

Thanks John, DH F/D has remained the same, was curious what Elite has done compared to precision if anything, hope the price comes affordable for you when you get it.