channel update through IRD tools

Rayen

Reaction score
Hello again,

I have downloaded the sdx file for the satellite i am connected to, and then i overwrited the file in the imports directory of the IRDTOOLS. However, when i update the receiver the only thing that changes is the number of trasporters, it goes up to 120, but nothing changes ! the transporter list does not seem to get uploaded to my receiver . Has anybody managed to work this program? Is there a manual for the IRD TOOLS ! I am just trying to update the latest channels. thats all.
any help appreciated.
Ray.

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
Mariana Trench - Pacific Ocean
Rayen said:
Hello again,

I have downloaded the sdx file for the satellite i am connected to, and then i overwrited the file in the imports directory of the IRDTOOLS. However, when i update the receiver the only thing that changes is the number of trasporters, it goes up to 120, but nothing changes ! the transporter list does not seem to get uploaded to my receiver . Has anybody managed to work this program? Is there a manual for the IRD TOOLS ! I am just trying to update the latest channels. thats all.
any help appreciated.
Ray.

Where did u get the SDX file? Let me know and I'll try on mine. Then let you know.

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
Rayen said:
Hello again,

any help appreciated.
Ray.

Did you try and do a "Channel SCAN" again ?

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Starsat SR-X650CI Super

Rayen

Reaction score
DeepDiver said:
Starsat SR-X650CI Super

have you upgraded your software to V235 yet ?

check this thing with the satcodx files and let me know. I am stuck!

Regards
Ray.

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rayen said:
have you upgraded your software to V235 yet ?

check this thing with the satcodx files and let me know. I am stuck!

Regards
Ray.

Yes, I have....

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I have followed all your steps as written in your first post in this thread. Nothing changes...I even tried a different version of IRD tools dated 22Dec2004..no changes...but there is nothing wrong you are doing...it just does not add any new channel

Anyway...the new channels listed in the satcodx website for Hotbird are added with update V235

Hope it helps :)

Rayen

Reaction score
hmm,
I have V234 and actually i am thinking to update because i dont want to screw things up. With V234 i can receive multivision, and i am satisfied.

Why the hell doesn't that irdtools prog works? The manual says it works !
now what?

Ray.

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rayen said:
hmm,
I have V234 and actually i am thinking to update because i dont want to screw things up. With V234 i can receive multivision, and i am satisfied.

Why the hell doesn't that irdtools prog works? The manual says it works !
now what?

Ray.

If you are satisified with Mutlivision, then you do not need to do the update now. You will when keys change, or they modify the encryption system.
Just keep it as it is till next time...

Keep well.

Rayen

Reaction score
DeepDiver,
did you get anything new with update V235 ?
Are you able with your receiver to descrable irdeto or conax?
Regards,
Ray

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rayen said:
DeepDiver,
did you get anything new with update V235 ?
Are you able with your receiver to descrable irdeto or conax?
Regards,
Ray

Nothing really new with V235...Irdeto encryption system has not been hacked yet...get nothing on the Conax side too

Rayen

Reaction score
ok buddy,

Did you do anything with the RDI tools?
Also, when you update our receiver to a new firmware, do we need to clean memory first? if yes, is there a tool?
regards
Ray

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rayen said:
ok buddy,

Did you do anything with the RDI tools?
Also, when you update our receiver to a new firmware, do we need to clean memory first? if yes, is there a tool?
regards
Ray

I did try the RDI tools, even a newer version dated 22Dec04, but nothing new came with that. It works ok, it just did not add any new channel. That is normally done with the updates.
No need to clean the memory before the update. I actually suggest you to do a SYSTEM BACKUP, that you find on MENU - System Setup. After you update the receiver, do a a SYSTEM RESTORE. It will save your channel list.

Keep well. ;)

Rayen

Reaction score
thanks for indicating.
Have you played with dreamloader? Have you uploaded any hex files?
If yes, which hex files worked and what channels did they open?

Keep Cool.
Ray.

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hex keys will work as long as the emulator software for the channels you want to see, is loaded in the receiver. Normally, you load emulator s/w with the updates you get from satsw.com.
If you want to edit keys direclty in your receiver follow this procedure

Press MENU
Go to INSTALLATION
Press OK
Go to INPUT CODE
Press OK

You will now see 3 tables
Enncryption systems
Identity of TV packages of each encryption system
Hex Keys

Choose an encryption system, press ok, choose a package, press ok, and then choose the index key to be changed, press ok. You will see a matrix that allows you to enter new keys. When done, press ok to save changes, and menu to go back.

Hope it helps ;)

Rayen

Reaction score
DeepDiver said:
Hex keys will work as long as the emulator software for the channels you want to see, is loaded in the receiver. Normally, you load emulator s/w with the updates you get from satsw.com.
If you want to edit keys direclty in your receiver follow this procedure

Press MENU
Go to INSTALLATION
Press OK
Go to INPUT CODE
Press OK

You will now see 3 tables
Enncryption systems
Identity of TV packages of each encryption system
Hex Keys

Choose an encryption system, press ok, choose a package, press ok, and then choose the index key to be changed, press ok. You will see a matrix that allows you to enter new keys. When done, press ok to save changes, and menu to go back.

Hope it helps ;)

well,
i have v234 installed. How can i find which emulation software is installed, if any! ? What hex files shall i use??
Have you done anything similar with your receiver, update hex files?

Ray.

zaphex

Reaction score
Well just to give some info regarding version v235. This is a fix for using the CAM in the slot of the receiver, now it communicates very good. In couple of previus version it was not doing well reading from the Cam.

I tested it with Conac4.0e. Matrix Reloaded + Original Conax Card, It took always 3 minutes to open each channel. Tested it also with dragon cam with latest dra file, same it was too slow.

So v235 is fix on this problem

Another thing. You can always back up channel data so no problem you can try always new patches whithout losing channel and scaning them all over again.

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rayen said:
well,
i have v234 installed. How can i find which emulation software is installed, if any! ? What hex files shall i use??
Have you done anything similar with your receiver, update hex files?

Ray.

For sure you have an emulation software for packages which are normal pay tv's........if you watch them clear, and descrambled....then you software emulates the encryption system and descrambles it.
I did once change manually hex keys to open MEDIASET channels....
You find hex keys on websites such as la-cafetera.com , rdi-sat.com or sat-key.org.
Hex files are updated with the s/w you download from satsw.com, so that's where you find then.

Hope it helps ;)