Chris, Netscape Problems

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Dear Chris,

I know you have Netscape. Can you simply confirm whether it is my Netscape (has been playing up of late), or, is it all NS user's that do not have full functionality currently.

It just get's stuffed: as it were. I have to ALT, SHIFT, DEL [message reads: Netscape www. ....... not responding].

Have Fun,

Mark.

Using IE 5/6 or whatever it is more stable today.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Mark,

There are a couple of members that have problems with Netscape, I use IE6 and it is fine . It would be interesting to hear if anyone else has problems with Netscape.

Rolf

PS. Didn't they tell you that Netscape is a girlie browser :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Im running the girlie browser and apart from the little glitch last week alls been fine.

You will find its only jealousy on the part of IE users (they had a point with Netscape 6 though)

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Dear Rolf,

Your user rating will be ammended appropriately.

Girlie Browswer, Schmirlie Browser ?

Although, IE 6 works - Netscape 4.73 lets me have my bookmarks on a toolbar (something never had on IE and most annoying on NS6). Regardless, IE requires a Rocket Science Degree for full functionality.

Whatever, I have just had to change over again - as NS is still stuffing itself - and I do not know why ?

Regards,

Mark.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 02-Mar-02 AT 09:06 AM (GMT)]Hi Mark,

I read somewhere that Netscape has problems with long URLs, which may be part of your problem. You can have your bookmarks (or Favourites as we call them in IE6 Lumberjack Land) on the task bar with IE6, just drag and drop. :)

Rolf

Damnation, star gone, there goes my self esteem :) LOL

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Oh dear Rolf

A lumberjack ?

Shirley not ! Calling something 'girlie' when you are sitting in front of the monitor in your 'panties and bra'.

Communicator does have its fans, I use it at home but am forced to use the IE system at work, great for networking but has a nasty tendency to ask for archiving when you least expect it.

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Dear Rolf,

>Damnation, star gone, there goes my self esteem :) LOL

Um, maybe I could loan it off you for a while ? Could do with, at least, looking popular.

I do like NS. NS6 has a great HTML editor/composer, else it sucks. You know what I mean when I speak of a Bookmarks Toolbar. Its easy: just what i'm like :-)

If IE can do that, i'm a convert; but, then I don't like the mail whatever-it-is-thing in IE.

Anyway, rather than waiting for things to get stuffed - i'm using IE from the start this evening.

Haul that wood, yeh! Very, Village People ;-)

Have Fun,

Mark.