clueless or plain stupid

teame

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::a complete novice
ok new to this. managed to flash a irdeto cam to 2018 (via posts here)
and have downloaded forum details to read up on this. However have written loads of goldcards using nobbys links (bias to sites with possible english info) but as yet have loads of hotbird channels i cant watch.........the freecam is supposed to allow access to 3 formats, however what kind of key file should i be looking for. I am using a vxmulti and gold cards?

thanks in anticipation

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Teame,

The hotbird channels you can't see wouldn't happen to be irdeto II would they? There are quite a few of them on hotbird and there are no codes available as yet, or at least none that work as far as I know.

Rolf

teame

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
very possibly..........do you need a irdeto cam 2 for these? however they cant all be on this? basically hitting this problem on all the non fta channels

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry Teame, I just read you initial post properly, for three in one or five in one files you normally need either a silver card or a fun card. This may be why you're not getting anything.

Rolf

teame

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
ive got a silver but am clueless what to do with it? the gold requires 24c16 but for silver? also how can you tell if the pic eeprom files are ok to use on a silver.........all i seem to have learned from nobbys list is that there are loads of files to download
and that as a brand new person in this field i have a huge learning curve........was hopping for slightly more success than i currently have enjoyed!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 12-Apr-02 AT 10:03 PM (GMT)]what you should be looking for are 5in1 files, generally the DS9 ones are very good, you should be able to get something that will work on the satkoos site.

The silver cards require files for the pic16F877 chip with 24c64 Eeprom

Rolf

teame

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
downloaded files and programmed silver but didn;t make a difference when i inserted into freecam........have given up for tonight. Thanks anyway

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
There may be some receiver settings for the CAM to be made and remember, I know it may sound silly, but the card doesn't go the same way up in all receivers, I think it goes contacts up on the Humax.

Rolf

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
For silver card you should use a Ds9 file used with a PIC16F876.
Try the Satkoos Ds9 5in1 http://www.satkoosclub.ubb.cc/

Program this with the vxmulti software making sure the correct card type is selected. ie. pic 16f876 Smartcard THRU.

You can check your card is programmed ok by going into the menu options of your reciever,selecting conditional access, then in the freecam menu choose status. top to the screen you should see the card number. If there is no number there is a problem.

Try the palco channels they should work.

What type of reciever do you have?

nobbly :+

teame

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
I bought a technosat vaci 5700 (looks like a big mistake?). It has an inbuilt red viaaccess 478 cam and I have also got the irdetto 1 which i have flashed to 2-018. The receiver regognises the freecam but doesnt appear to work (though i do get the card number in status).
I am struggling to tune to other satellites so I only have hotbird to work on. It didnt download the Palmo? channels!
Is anyone familiar with this receiver? internet search mentions a t1 model but nothing on this one.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If you go into the goodies menu in the CAM section, what are the settings Teame?

Rolf