codes and where to put them

keefie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
North west England
Yes I know this sounds lame ,but could someone please confirm which bits of program go where on a programmer.
I have a vxtools micro programmer and am slightly confused. Some files contain internal external and flash code.
Some contain code ,data and eeprom.
Neither of these fit the labels to the programmer.
I should of said all for funcard.
do you need code in all 3 places?
I have tried variuos combinations with varied results, but nothing seems to be obvious, have tried various help pages but all seem to assume you know what you are doing...which I obviously dont.:D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Some are obvious, they'll be called Flash and Eeprom, if there is only one Eeprom, then it will be the external one, just ignore and untick the internal Eeprom.

Some may have something like Satkoos-AT9058515-v3.8 (Flash Hex) and 24C64 Humax5400 (Eeprom)

Some may also have several Eeprom files, use the one that you think most matches your equipment. Dave M files have an EChostar, Humax and Freecam file.

keefie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
North west England
Thanks for that Rolf, as I now understand the code file is either a code or a flash file the data is either a data or an internal eeprom ( and is not always needed ) and the eeeprom is the external . see I think I finally got it. some info with some files talk about auto updates, is this a norm aor are some auto and some not? cos in one thread it mentioned about key changes every few days.I still dont know how to update keys on card, I just try to fing latest version and rewrite card. Am I going in the right direction ? or am I off at a tangent now ? Bet you must get fed up of going over basics !!
But I am greatful of your help and just to let you know , I am recieving a lot more stuff now , even the x zone, and quite a few varied film channels, so you must have taught me something..

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not long out of short trousers myself Keefie, at least as far as programming cards is concerned. Certainly you can aim at updating codes on your files manually, but on most occasions when you find a working combination, just download the whole file as it gets updated.