Comag FTA Receiver

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Your LNB LO settings should be 9,750 low band and 10,600 high band Rai, these will correspond with your universal LNB.

Toecutter doesn't supply the programmer or cards, but waferworld does, bought my infinity from them as well, their link is at the top of the forum :)

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
The lnb settings must be as rolf says,the reciever will tune above and below these settings when finding channels,but the original settings are used for 22khz tone switching,hence low band and high band...brian

G

guest user

i got the comag fta receiver and its quite good it was hard to use at first and it came with alot of pre-tuned channels but they where out of date anyway, what cam do i need to descramble the mtv channels on 19.2 i already know mtv2 and central are free

Thanks,
Mike

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You should be able to get at least one version of MTV on that satellite with any of the multicams, the Matrix Reloaded being in my opinion the best.

You can of course also get it free to air on analogue.

RaiUn0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020Si+40GB, DiSEqC H-H DarkMotor, Gibertini 1m, Inverto Black Ultra LNB - 42E to 30W.
My Location
Manchester
I get the MTV(1?) in clear. I only noticed this channel after I have updated the firmware and the channel list file with the latest versions though.

Still waiting for my paypal account to be verified, so I can get a Matrix Reloaded from Toecutters'. Will let you know how I get on.

Modern - Do you get RTL, RTL2, SAT1, VOX on 19.2 with your comag receiver?. What is your dish size?

I still dont get them though,
Comapring transponder frequency settings against lyngsat I noticed I dont get any channel transmitting on tp frequency anything above 11700. these channels has about 75% signal strength on my receiver. My dish is 60cm could this be the reason..

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
They should come in fine with a 60cm, check that you have the correct symbol rate and FEC settings 27500 and 3/4 respectively, plus check that you have 22Khz tone switching at on or auto and that you have a universal LNB.

RaiUn0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020Si+40GB, DiSEqC H-H DarkMotor, Gibertini 1m, Inverto Black Ultra LNB - 42E to 30W.
My Location
Manchester
This sounds good. It must be my lnb then, it was installed by sky before 1996 and they didnt use universal lnb then. thanks rolfw

i'm just off to get one..

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, up the ladder again then Rai. :D

RaiUn0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Manchester
Since I'm going to buy a new LNB, would it also be possible to get hotbird with a monobloc lnb (as somebody suggested on this thread) on a 60cm here in manchester? or am i asking too much? just a thought..

need to borrow the neighbors ladder though, hope he dont ask for a dual output lnb. :-p

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You'd be pushing it with a 60cm, an 80cm would be preferable, but as you'll be likely to pay £50 plus for a monobloc, it would probably be better to wait until you get a motor to consider Hotbird.

G

guest user

RaiUn0 said:
I get the MTV(1?) in clear. I only noticed this channel after I have updated the firmware and the channel list file with the latest versions though.

Still waiting for my paypal account to be verified, so I can get a Matrix Reloaded from Toecutters'. Will let you know how I get on.

Modern - Do you get RTL, RTL2, SAT1, VOX on 19.2 with your comag receiver?. What is your dish size?

I still dont get them though,
Comapring transponder frequency settings against lyngsat I noticed I dont get any channel transmitting on tp frequency anything above 11700. these channels has about 75% signal strength on my receiver. My dish is 60cm could this be the reason..

well im using a zone1 sky minidish 45cm for 19e (get every channel) and i also get 13e hotbird but nothing else

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The 45cm minidish does not perform far behind a 60cm dish, you may still get some drop out on hotbird in bad weather though. If you offset one or both LNBs on a 60cm, something is going to suffer.

G

guest user

rolfw said:
The 45cm minidish does not perform far behind a 60cm dish, you may still get some drop out on hotbird in bad weather though. If you offset one or both LNBs on a 60cm, something is going to suffer.

this might sound stupid but im trying to pick up Eutelsat W2 (16E) with a minidish to get the two MTV Channels but i got a strong analogue picture of a arabic station but as soon i pluged in the reciever to do a scan it found nothing at all and i thought for digital the signal doesnt have to be as strong?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The symbol rates are very low on some of the 16E channels, your receiver may not handle them, check it out and see, MTV Italy has a symbol rate of 6111.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Here is the first Comag to appear on eBay (AFAIK), includes a Matrix Reloaded, but hasn't yet met reserve with just over a day to go.

RaiUn0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Manchester
interesting.

just a quick update rolfw. replaced my lnb with an universal one - top banana! got all the FTAs.
Now waiting for my paypal to work properly, for some reason CC payment is declined every time I try to buy a MR from toecutters.. appears to be a problem on paypal site. will try tomorrow again.

Rai

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You can always transfer the money direct from account to account Rai, the details are in his signature

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
OK, Auction over for the Comag and MR, didn't reach reserve, doesn't surprise me, even though it was potentially good value, nobody wants to buy from a guy with only one previous transaction, reselling widely available goods.

Current bid: £147.00 (Reserve not met)
Ended: 21-Oct-03 23:48:00 BST
History: 20 bids (£10.00 starting bid)
High bidder: billybamber( 83)

RaiUn0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Manchester
Been doing lot of reading in Den in me spare time, learning some technical side of things. the order for MR is on hold until I have a motorised dish to take full advantage of MR.

any chance of Seca2 being hacked? :-)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Don't know, is the simple answer to that Rai. :)