conax hex when it arrives

G

geo

hello 2old..when the conax hex eventually reaches joe public, do you think the 16f84/24lc16 will have enough capicity onboard to handle the info, or do you think something like a Funcard will be required.....regards . geo

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I believe a standard goldwafer (as you describe) will be sufficient, depending on the number of providers required on one card.
Latest rumours are that a release is due on or around 17/June, and that it will be implemented on two goldwafer cards (one for the PPV stuff, one for the rest).
But we've heard this all before...
2old

G

geo

Hi again...Ive just picked up on that rumour about the 17th....yeah, and Scotland might win the World Cup!!!!!!!...regards
Geo

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
no, but to be frank it never sounded very realistic in the first place. Clearly it WILL happen (soon?) since there has been a commercial hack on the market for ages, and in this respect it is a more realistic prospect than the supposed Sky Digital hack (favourite subject for the tiresome ten-year olds that inhabit certain other boards...) but there has been so little new rumour on that Conax release date (and it followed on the heals of so much other nonsense) that it never really looked likely.
I hope I'm wrong. My Conax CAM is still gathering dust...
2old

U

upl

Hi 2 Old,
I am being told that if you buy Conax cam along with the Sony / B4U trial card for two weeks it can be upgraded to watch these two channels with some files available on the net. Is this true.
Regards
(c)

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I am not aware of any such hack, although it's possible it does exist as such function-specific hacks on the MOSCs are usually easier than a wafer hack.
There's a board dedicated to Conax - try asking there (though it has to be said there's not much acticity on that board).
http://crypt.enjoy.joint.net/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

2old