config file not changing

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
When i ftp my old config file into the enigma file and 755 it then reboot, it wont show up in the motor box..Ive tried taking off my usb but its still the same..Any ideas ? Thankyou Rhurbarb db 7000s

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Config file for what? What is the full path- some folders are read-only.

How much space is left in var?

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hi ,its the file var/tuxbox/config/enigma/config..I have had problems with this motor file in the past not seeming to load in and if i can remember rightly i had to disconnect the lnb wire to make it change ..but dont seem to work this time though , i have rebooted the dreambox after changing the file.How do i tell how much room is left ? Thanks m8 ..Rhurbarb:)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Blue Panel > addons > setup

A nonymous

Reaction score
Try using a different ftp program. Dependent on which of my 3 boxes i'm playing with decides which ftp program i use :eek:

My TM9100 super plays better with Cute FTP where as my DM7020 & DM600 play better with Flash FXP :toke:

Try changing your ftp client, it may well help.

You can also use Crimson editor as well :D

:-beer

Nano

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Thankyou will try them and let you know.Thanks again ,Rhurbarb;)

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Still no good ,Installed flash ftp deleted the old file ,put the new file in then chd 755 then reboot and still the same,Does it make a difference if your using a usb stick?Anyone else had problems like im having?Thanks guys ..Rhurbarb

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Have you tried opening a telnet session onto the Dreambox and editing the config file and then saving it?

When you delete it have you refreshed the FTP window to make sure it really has been deleted?

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Sorry if i appear thick but is that going through the address http thingy, if so can i have the full command as i done it so many years ago i forgot the full address or i might be talking about something completely different too you.Thanks again Rhurbarb
ps .I tried 192.168.1.9 but when i put in the dreambox password and stuff it wouldnt let me in even though the info i gave was correct for the box :cool:

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
rhurbarb said:
i might be talking about something completely different too you.
To be honest I'm having trouble understanding what it is you are trying to do, I gather its some kind of config file for the motor that you are trying to transfer, Why cant you just set up the motor via the normal onscreen menus?

What kind of motor is it?

Can you give the exact name of the file? var/tuxbox/config/enigma/config/what??????

I find Dreambox Control Center to be one of the easier applications for FTPing and such to the Dreambox, I've attached it below.

Better still, install Samba on the Dreambox, That way you can move files around using Windowz Explorer.

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Thanks comp il check that out in sec.When i originally set up my dreambox i was told to save the config file in the tuxbox folder so if i ever formatted the dreambox i could ftp it back in and show all the satelite files ie 19e number 1 28 e numbe 2 and so on..So instead of finding them and storing them manually i could ftp this file and all my motor settings would be there showing ...I used this method for a long time now but now it seems to be impossible ,i hope thats clearer for you .I dont know the make of the motor but its from italy and it looks like a normal discq motor which the motor shaft sits up..Its about 4 years old if that helps ya ..Thanks for your pms .Il look in the idiots guide now and print the report.Thanks guys ..Rhurbarb

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
2 pixs uploaded

Attachments

• P1010098.jpg
    P1010098.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 33
  • P1010099.jpg
    P1010099.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 32

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
rhurbarb said:
..........Still no good ,Installed flash ftp deleted the old file ,put the new file in then chd 755 then reboot and still the same, ........
The file may be locked, Try renaming it to something like 'config.bak', then telnet over your new file. After a restart you should then have 2 files in that directory, config.bak + config.

Also make sure its a file, and not a symbolic link that you are replacing. Some FTP apps don't handle symbolic links properly. I've seen them overwrite the symlink instead of the file its pointing at.

rhurbarb said:
Thanks comp il check that out in sec.When i originally set up my dreambox i was told to save the config file in the tuxbox folder ........
Thanks for clarifying, I dont know what settings are held in the /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/config, Ill have a look this evening.

There are other files like services, userbouquet*.*, satellites.xml etc, that you should be backing up regularly, These will keep all your channel/bouquet/satellite settings,

DCC or DreamboxEdit will automatically select the correct files for backup, DCC is particularly easy.I'm not sure it does motor settings though.

Just go to Settings, Type in a name of your choice for the backup folder, and click backup.
rhurbarb said:
..........I dont know the make of the motor but its from italy and it looks like a normal discq motor which the motor shaft sits up..Its about 4 years old if that helps ya ........
The reason I asked was to find out what version of DiSEqC it supported, if the motor was GoToX, USALS compatible, there would be little point in messing around with config files for the sake of motor settings.

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Print screen key wont work on this pc for some reason ..When i delete the file then ftp it in again on my good config file it does show that is has changed , but when i reboot ,it goes back to the same old one without any postitions in the box ,shows a blank box like when you 1st buy the dreambox.I do regular backup my files .I can only think that the main image is corrupted ..At the moment i got the colluseuem image ,and germini 4.4 on usb .Can i upgrade the collesuum main bit .I will have a try at renaming the file 1st .I even deleted the file in text then pasted my good text but that still didnt work.i remember last time if i put the file in then go back to tv mode the motor said it was turning even though it wouldnt and it wouldnt store the file when i reboot it.But i did sus it out one day by changing the file then pulling the plug on the dreambox before the motor tried to move...As it goes for goto ..its never has worked for me..i put in my area code and i take it if you live in north west you set it to north west and your degree stuff(sorry not very technical as you can tell) then it should find it..But surely you have to set the motor at 0 before you use the goto mode.I should really look in the idiot guide but im not sure if thats the way forward anyway..I really appreciate you peolpe helping me btw ..;)..Rhurbarb

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
No good m8 .i think the way forward is to use dreamup and wipe the dreambox .Suggest any newer image then what i got then il add the usb later..Thanks ..Rhurbarb