Confusion over Sky Premier 5

N

net1

There is currently confusion over the replacement for Sky Movies Premier Widesceen. From 4th June, all of Sky's film channels will be capable of widescreen 16:9 broadcasts, and the official word from Sky at the time of the announcement was that the current widescreen channel on 305 would become a new 24 hour channel, Sky Movies Premier 5. However, the EPG tells a different story. From 5:40am on Tuesday morning, the EPG is reporting "Programmes no longer available", suggesting that the channel is to simply close down. More on this story as it develops.

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
I dont think that says anything of the such. The EPG has never changed to show new channels or changes before the actual day of the change. None of the ITV channels could be seen before the first day of broadcasting.
I think that the channel will change to SKY...5 at that time and the EPG will change accordingly.

Methos.

N

net1

Sky's movie channels are set to go widescreen this week. From Tuesday the majority of films broadcast on the channels will be shown in 16:9 format. The move means that Sky Movies Premier Widescreen will no longer be needed and it is therefore due to close down on June 4. All films shown in widescreen format are identified in the electronic programme guide with a 'W' icon.

These messages are put out by Sky so if they dont do what they say M8 it is not my fault.

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
I dont disagree with SKY I was disagreeing with YOUR assumption. In your first post you said that SKY say it'll become a 24hr channel. Being as it changes to SKY M PREMIER 5 it is of course correct that SKY MOVIES W as such stops transmitting.
Dont misunderstand my post I wasnt trying to have a go at you I just meant that the EPG never seems to update itself to accomodate a change until it actually happens.
Going by the time that the channel apparently stops transmitting I wouldnt be surprised if the channel changed to SMP5 at 6am which does of course mean that SMWIDE technically closes down at 5:40am

Methos.