Connect 2 tv's

Johnny Boy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
London
I was wondering is ti possible to connect 2 tv's on 1 dreambox (dm500) ? if yes HOW ?

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi @Johnny Boy,

Not quite sure if this is what you mean but yes:
1. You can connect say a DVD player to the scart output on the DM500S and then two TVs, one to each scart on the DVD player.
2. You could use a video splitter (no loss, amplified type is best).
3. You can use a Video Sender and two receivers.

All the above must watch the same channel.

4. You can connect a PC/Laptop and the DM500S to your LAN and stream a channel to the PC/Laptop using VLC. You can then connect the Monitor output socket of the PC/Laptop to a TV to get a bigger screen. Using this method you can watch two different channels BUT they must both be on the same transponder, so it is not particularly flexible.

Hope this helps?

Best wishes, John.

Johnny Boy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
London
instead connect a dvd player , can you connect a simple receiver ?

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi @Johnny Boy,

Not sure what you mean by a 'simple receiver'?
If you mean a non-Dreambox STB, then No because I'm talking about connecting via scart sockets and another STB has only Output scarts.
If you mean a TV with a scart output as well as an input scart, then yes.

Best wishes, John.

Johnny Boy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
London
Thanks Man , I Appreciate it ... I'll give it a try :D

Johnny Boy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
London
ooo I forgot to ask you about a thing . I heard from a friend that you can connect the second tv like this -->dreambox scart connected to DVB receiver scar socket , than from the DVB receiver via (yellow,white,red) cable to tv , the DVB receiver Serves as a channel changer . ( or you can use other receiver) IS THIS POSSIBLE ?

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi @Johnny Boy,

I partly see what you (your friend) means. Effectively you are making the DM500S the equivalent of a DVD player as far as the DVB receiver is concerned. Yes, in this case it is acting as a video splitter. I assume the DVB receiver has two scarts (DVD/VCR in/out and TV out) and A/V out on phono sockets (Red/Yel/Wte).

I don't see what you mean about the 'DVB receiver Serves as a channel changer'!?
If you want to change channels on the DM500S you will need to use it's remote control (directly or via a wireless remote extender) or the Enigma Webif from a PC/Laptop.

Best wishes, John.