Website
www.ayanami.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Standard Sky Digital.

Standard Sky+ Multiroom
My Location
Manchester, England
Hi,

For a while now I have been wanting to copy sky+ recordings from the box to my PC.

At first I assumed I could just connect my laptop to the USB and trasfer them. I was wrong :(

I did a bit of searching on the net and found out that you can actually open up the sky+ box and swap the hard drive for a bigger one.

So I figured it would be possible to just pull the hard drive out of my sky+ box and then connect it directly to my PC as another drive and copy them from there.

Does anyone know if the saved programmes are stored with encryption i.e. does the sky card unencrypt each time you play the recording, or does it save it without encryption.

Thank you

p.s. not sure if it's called encryption on sky+, but you know what I mean.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I do not have Sky + but from what I have previously read on this great forum, unless the programme is an FTA program the recording will be encrypted assuming you can get your PC to recognise the file type recorded

FrozenStar

Reaction score
Website
www.ayanami.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Standard Sky Digital.

Standard Sky+ Multiroom
My Location
Manchester, England
Topper said:
I do not have Sky + but from what I have previously read on this great forum, unless the programme is an FTA program the recording will be encrypted assuming you can get your PC to recognise the file type recorded

Oh no :(

I wondered if that might be the case, at least now I wont have to waste my time trying to open up the sky+ box.

Thank you Topper

Rupert

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
Europe
Following is not pirating, or criminal hacking: theoretically it could(?) be possible to

1) copy encrypted files to computer
2) then decrypt those files by using computer, software which uses "CSA offline method" and official SLY smartcard

Problem is to get official SLY smartcard working with PC because there does not exist suitable NDS CI-modules. So we should use softcam and multimouse reader, with official legal SLY smartcard.

Unfortunately I don't have enough experience and I believe such NDS offline decoders are not public.

plumber

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Topper said:

What connections do you have on your sky box?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
plumber said:
What connections do you have on your sky box?

You asking me???

here have a look

plumber

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Topper said:
You asking me???

here have a look

You need a TV card with s-vhs input. I scart to s-vhs and phono sound.s-vhs for picture and phono for sound input to soundcard/tv card. Scart adapter in skybox tv output then leads to computer. Hope this helps.