Correct Satellite Identification

Old Geezer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox V8S & TM5200D PVR Systems
My Location
Deepest South Wales
Hi All,
Don't know about You , but I find it a bit of a pain after I've set the dish to receive the best signal, to have to connect an old S*y dodgybox to check that I'm receiving the correct sat ID.
I know I can do it using a VERY posh sat meter , but as I'm running on a budget (very small) just thought I'd ask...
"Is there a program available that will display that information on the PC ?"

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's ever thought this would be handy.
:ny to All members.
All the best,
Cheers,
Old Geezer.

Old Geezer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Deepest South Wales
Hi HBP,
Thanks for the program.Downloaded it this morning and gave it a go.
Unfortunately all I got was an error (CoCreate Instance SkyAVC) and then it closed down.
I had a check on the read-me file and it was designed to work on the SS2 Revision 2.3 and 2.6 cards with the 4.28 driver (doesn't work with the 4.22 driver according to the read me file).
As I'm using a Sky2PC card (poor mans SS2) I think that may be what's causing the error.
Looks like other people have also checked out the file , so I imagine that someone has managed to get it working with the SS2 , so it's not been a wasted post.
I'll keep on trying to get it working and let You know how I get on.
Thanks again for the post and program,
Speak to You soon no doubt.
Cheers for now,
Old Geezer.

farr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Windows XP Professional, Skystar 2, TM5200D+ Super, 1m motorised dish [62E-58W]
My Location
York, North Yorkshire
The Sky2PC *is* a revision 2.3 Skystar 2 - I know since I've got one. Some earlier ones were sold under the Sky2PC brand, mainly for satellite Internet access but they are basically revision 2.3 SS2s in disguise. -I believe to get that Transponder Finder working you may need to obtain and register skyavc.ax. Try downloading this: http://republika.pl/skyview/SkyAVC.ax and placing it in the same folder as the Transponder Finder software. Then, open a DOS prompt, change directory to that directory and type regsvr32 skyavc.ax.

Hairybathplug

Reaction score
I thoght the sky2pc was Revision 2.3 ss2 and the plugin is the same as used with skyview.
2.3 is the best card for this software :)

Cheers hbp

Hairybathplug

Reaction score
If you had a 2.6 card progfinder2 would do it also, but thats 10mb and I can't attach it.

Old Geezer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Deepest South Wales
Hi , it's Me again,
Thanks to HBP and Farr for their help with the program.
Tried a few links to get the .ax file , eventually downloaded the 2 part beta Version 8 of the BxL transponder finder.It had the .ax file included and all I needed to do was to double click the register file and away it went (much easier for a dim-wit like Me).
It did then come up with another error that I hadn't loaded "setup4pc" (which indeed I hadn't) and told me to install that and try again.
1 install of setup4pc later and the program was working fine.
It looks like it should do what I need it for , but a quick check on the BxL website should get Me up to speed.
Thanks for the info on the Sky2PC card too. Not so much of a poor mans SS2 , more of an SS2 in disguise !!
Thanks again for the help , I couldn't have managed without you.
All the best for 2005,
Cheers,
Old Geezer.