Coship cdvb2300a, h/ware upgrade?

GeorgiePie

Reaction score
I just bought one of them. It is an FTA only. Anyone knows how to make it cards compatible? Is there any adaptors, external cards readers I could connect to it to be able to have pay tv channels?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not as far as I know, there are no working CI slots on it, the 5300 is the one with the CI capability.

GeorgiePie

Reaction score
Bit dissapointing, but hey, such is life. Just think 2300 is quite decent, has quite good ratings, abilities etc. It is only missing this detail. Bought it from a sat tv installer talking me (a newbee) into that, not revealing its limitations. In Oz we are not that cluey on sat tv as in Europe where even a cab driver knows more than we do. Sat dish is still a rare sight.

gorila22

Reaction score
i have the same problem. If anyone has managed to upgrade this coship2300A i will be happy to know how

s

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you bought it over the internet, have a look at the description of the product, I did notice that some sites were describing it as having CI capability. That being the case they could probably be persuaded to swap for the 5300ci.

GeorgiePie

Reaction score
This will probably be a question to rolfw.
What is the best sat receiver on the market?
I am after one that makes it all possible: decoding by entering these magic keys etc.
I assume it will have to be one with embeded Irdeto, Viacam or/and others.
Please enlighten me on the subject.

thanos1960

Reaction score
There is a .bin file that converts your receiver as a matrix module so you can edit the keys by yourself.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
GeorgiePie said:
This will probably be a question to rolfw.
What is the best sat receiver on the market?
I am after one that makes it all possible: decoding by entering these magic keys etc.
I assume it will have to be one with embeded Irdeto, Viacam or/and others.
Please enlighten me on the subject.

Sorry GeorgiePie, missed this one. :)

Not a real expert on receivers, but if you are keen to get the one that has the most potential, then the Dreambox is probably the boy. In most cases should not need any additional CAMS or cards, but can still accommodate them.

It's a lot of money, but if you shop around you can buy with a hard disk for around £300, not in the UK though.

GeorgiePie

Reaction score
At least some direction to follow. Will research it further.
To thanos1960:
Could you please tell a bit more?
What .bin file? Where do I find it?
Are we talking about the receiver in the thread title (coship 2300a)?
Sounds mysterious but promissing.
Therefore eagerly awaiting your response.:D

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
Installed my new Coship(black and silver) on my motorsystem this evening.For fringe reception it's no good compared to the Humax 8100 (very bad actually,BBC drops out) but this little bastard seems to be very good at doing other things I must say.Lots of features that the Humax doesn't have.
There is also a hatch at the front which is locked with silicon-glue and behind it there is some kind of card slot,maybe you know what it was supposed to be used for Rolf?
Speaking of paychannels and the 2300,have you seen this thread?!?
http://www.digitalsattv.de/article.php?sid=1200&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Steffan

oxoid

Reaction score
can someone tell me how we can upgrade the key because i think it's the only problem of this very good receiver

thanos you say : "converts your receiver as a matrix module so you can edit the keys by yourself". do you know how ?

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
Don't think thanos knows so much about this I'm sorry to say.

fta100

Reaction score
thanos1960 said:
There is a .bin file that converts your receiver as a matrix module so you can edit the keys by yourself.

I have a coship and would be very interested in doing this, please help.

My Email address is: nbfd2001@yahoo.com

daputo

Reaction score
please 2300a soft
daputo@gmx.net

TV-Cabo

ok tks

offline.gif

syamak

Reaction score
dear sir or madam

is there new way for see multivision chanal on hotbird by star sat resiever srx 150d plus
thanks syamak.