Couldn't get CI to work under Gemini image?

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Have just got my dreambox so perhaps I was doing something wrong. I originally flashed to hyrda, but that never got past the logo screen. So i then went to gemini, everything seemed fine but when I tried putting in some official cards I had for Digi ALB and ummm well mature content...they didn't work! If I'm right, the dreambox does thing strange, i.e. chip faces down? I didn't know if had to do anything apart from stick it in, but I also tried pressing blue button, and assigining the channel to the common interface but that still didn't work.

Have flased now to Pi image, and now rescanning for all my channels. Will try again, was I doing something wrong? A bug? Also, is there a way to save my sat setup and service listing, because scanning 4 feeds takes a while each time!

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Do I maybe need a CAM for the Digital ALB card?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
yazooo said:
Have just got my dreambox so perhaps I was doing something wrong. I originally flashed to hyrda, but that never got past the logo screen. So i then went to gemini, everything seemed fine but when I tried putting in some official cards I had for Digi ALB and ummm well mature content...they didn't work! If I'm right, the dreambox does thing strange, i.e. chip faces down? I didn't know if had to do anything apart from stick it in, but I also tried pressing blue button, and assigining the channel to the common interface but that still didn't work.

Have flased now to Pi image, and now rescanning for all my channels. Will try again, was I doing something wrong? A bug? Also, is there a way to save my sat setup and service listing, because scanning 4 feeds takes a while each time!

I think Yazooo you will need to read through the Dreambox Idiots Guide again again and again. You will need to download a cam to work your card. CI = cam in slot which you dont have at the moment so nothing will work in CI. You need newcamd 6.01 prob to work your card. i replied to you other post, but you need to set up your image 1st and network with the dreambox.
Happy reading

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
I've done all that, and am using newcamd succefuly on alot of channels. I have believe it or not read the guide about 5 - 6 times, but I will go back again to see if there is anything I missed. As far as I'm aware there is no soft cam for conax, so I need a CAM for the Digi ALB card.

Plus, yes I see what your saying. I was using the Smartcard slots with my official card. I know there is nothing in the CI slot, which is being recitfied right now. Wrong terminology, which in my business is dreadful, so my bad! I am new to this, but I think my progression has been fairly steep in the past few days. I'm not thick, honest, I'll be there in the end.

Have seen the post regarding the member getting ALB to work under newcamd 5.28 so I will try that.

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
yazooo said:
As far as I'm aware there is no soft cam for conax, so I need a CAM for the Digi ALB card.
according to http://www.dreamboxworld.com/dbw/emu_dream.htm newcamd 6.1 should be able to read conax cards, so this should work with your ALB card. and Yes, the chip needs to be inserted face down.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Yes, so I've been hearing. I've been tweaking with the config settings but no joy as yet. One thing, is at all possibe that its not working as my BER on these channels is not zero. It hovers 5 - 30 for most of them. SNR and AGC are both over 75%?

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium
BER are errors, if I'm not mistaken. You might expect some glitches or some freezes, but I doubt if you'd get no image at all. I suppose you have a valid card. Have you tried the CardInfoCenter plugin ? Does this show your card details, or does it says that 'cardserver must be running'. If it shows the latter, then you have a problem in your configuration files (either cardserv.conf or newcamd.conf). Also, I believe you must set PREFER_EMU to NO in newcamd, to make it look at the cards first before trying the soft emu.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Have done the setting for prefer emu, but thanks for the tip on card info center plugin, will give that a look. I thought the same about the BER as I'm sure I've seen other channels with them and they worked fine.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Ok, just got Digital ALB working under Neutrino and Newcamd 5.28 CS. Excellent firmware, took a while to get the channels working as I couldn't update from Dreambox Edit, but was worth it in the end. Downloaded newcamd, and it worked first time, no tweaking. There are some things I preferred in Gemini, but will stick with this for the time being til I figure out multi boot as Flash wizard doesn't seem to work with the 7020.

P.S. Anyone who had Digital ALB, are the subtitle hard coded? Or is there a setting somewhere I can turn them off? If that's not possible, well that something I really should have found out before getting this sub!

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Yey! Got it working under Gemini and necamd 5.28. Downloaded the config editor so didn't have to mess with the txt file, fiddled with it and all is working fine. Does seem that subtitles are hode coded, bummer!

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Strange problem. I have still been fiddling with my setup since getting my conax Digit ALB card working. Twice now it has stopped working, once after I was messing around trying to get my SKY card working, and installing other versions of newcamd, and the second time hard to tell what I did. Each time, the problem resolved by reflasing the image again, and starting again. Anyone have any experience with this, it does seem awfully temperamental!

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium
yazooo said:
Each time, the problem resolved by reflasing the image again, and starting again.
sounds a bit drastic to me :-doh!
before you start making new changes, make a backup of the current settingd, using the FTP tool of DCC. You need to backup /var/bin, /var/lib, /var/scce, /var/scripts and /var/tuxbox/config.
That way you can always return to a previous version by emptying the directories and restoring the old files.
but okay, flashing also works...

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Yeah, have been backing up files so doesn't take that long to get going again. It's very annoying, ALB working fine last night. Turn off box, turn on this morning, and it just wont decrypt the channels anymore, I have changed nothing. I use seperate EMU for the other channels, so newcamd is only activated for the ALB package so I can play with Camd and the keys for all the rest...Very annoying, I cant keep reflashing to get my channels to work!

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s serving 4 500s. 2 fixed dishes + 1 motor.
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
Have to tried taking the card out for a few seconds and then replacing, rather than reflashing.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
It seems to come alive after leaving it on an ALB channel for about 10 mins, maybe longer, then switching to another ALB channel. Once thats decrypted, they all work. Prefer EMU is off so its not that. Strange but at least no re flash this time!