Cracked it.

brewby

Reaction score
Today I set about my motorised system set up, starting with 12" t&k brackets, followed by the Disecq 1.2 HH120 Stab motor then the 80cm dish, waited for 12noon (no compass) and pointed to the sun which was glorious by the way, set the elevation and pointed with the help of a meter to 1 west I thought, went inside to set up my new Interstar DSR 8005 CI Premium (patched) but NO GO!She who must be obeyed was watching showjumping on the beeb (a rarety indeed). 2 hours of nervous waiting, 3 mugs of tea, 10 fags later I set up the receiver, switched on, went through the setup and channel installation for 1West and would you believe it I was 1deg out on my calculation for 1west. but don't it feel great anyway?.
Play ended for the night after successfully moving the motor to 13E and tuning all the channels. Will be setting about it properly this week.
Hooray for me.
Cheers for the forum and all the info on it, could not have done it without you, though its not over yet.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Congratulations Mate ! :-band It's nice when it all comes together.

Show jumping indeed .:eek:

Nice one. :)

L

brewby

Reaction score
Thanks it sure is I feel a pint coming on.
I know but when they hide the remote what can we mere kings of our castles do?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
brewby said:
Thanks it sure is I feel a pint coming on.
I know but when they hide the remote what can we mere kings of our castles do?
No.... do what I did and set your own rig up in the other room, doesn't lead to lots of conversation but I can at least watch one programme from start to finish without cycling through half a dozen channels every 6 seconds:p :D

By the way well done
good feeling isn't it

brewby

Reaction score
Thanks a lot its been fun doing it, I would love to move to another room but I only have one living/dining room and the kitchen wouldn't like me moving in.
Just have to sit at the pc and surf and learn.

member.php?u=57452

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
congratulations!!!

i just hope for your sake there's no live show jumping feeds on the pc as you might get relegated to tea duty again !
also if she knows how many channels you can access she probrably wont give you the remote until she's absolutely certain there,s no show jumping!

nobbystyles

Reaction score
Well done brewby, i did the same this weekend with my SM3UNI_D12. Although i was quite anxious before hand, it proved to be a bit of a breeze to set up. As i didn't have a metrer,was on my own and already had hotbird channels stored in my reciever i just pre set my motor to 13 e, turned up the volume on my telly and moved the dish/motor around on my pole until i heard the blast from vox!!! it worked a treat and the whole process only took around half an hour - although i had a few problems finding sat's at first due to transponders not stored in my reciever, all is fine now, flicking between turksat and hispasat al day :D

brewby

Reaction score
Thanks again guys, I am thinking of letting her take the car at weekends to watch showjumping at the local arenas in Yorkshire. She cannot understand why Idon't want to go! I think us newbies can pat ourselves on the back don't you Nobbystyles and Wolfav. but I gleened a lot of info from this forum and the mods running it, so thanks to them and all contris. 2.345 tv channels and a lot more to come, then have to start deleting the cr*p ones and find k*ys for the good ones.
God I'm looking forward to my week off at Xmas.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Congratulations brewby

What part of the information, you found here, was the most helpful?

Did you have any problems that weren't covered?

If you did - how did you overcome them?

Any information will help others here - thanks.

brewby

Reaction score
Thanks Gameboy
Basic info such as getting the pole dead vertical, finding south by the sun at noon, which motor, type of reciever, where to find software, how to update with pc, (practiced on my old Humax f1vaci) dish size, other peoples problems and how to avoid them, I will no doubt have much more to learn when it comes to putting keys into my embedded multi cam but that is all to come, at this moment in time I am just enjoying the technology under my telly.
I can recommend to anyone setting out to read as much as they can on this forum before starting, it saves time and effort.
A tip? do it on a nice sunny day!
Thanks again

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
I agree,there is nothing worse than setting up a dish with your nuts freezing.

:p

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
brewby said:
A tip? do it on a nice sunny day!

I'll drink to that.

I am as guilty as most for not reading all the forums - but what i did read helped me loads and continue to do everyday.

Hope once everything is set up you keep coming here and helping others.

I have never meet anyone I haven't learnt from - honest!

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
but the pleasure of watching so many channels especialy after 10 soon warms the nuts up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont know about show jumping but there's definatly plenty of jumping

brewby

Reaction score
Could'nt agree more Wolfav & Gameboy I've already find that out, unable to sleeplast night,had to play and found xxl on hotbird k*y must be already onboard.
As I learn more I will definatley share with those less fortunate. Though I think itwill take some time yet

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
My Location
no mans land
well i dont know what set up you've got cams etc but if you can get multivisions try them for more sleepless nights

chib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate Super FTA 1000D, 85cm Digiquest dish,Skystar 2 card,Moteck SG2100A motor, Netgem i-player,Hauppauge WinToGo TV card
My Location
London,England
How does this work. I will be setting up my system soon and still reading loads of documents on how to setup a dish. I wasnt aware pointing your dish to the sun at midday would point to 1W. Isnt the sun overhead at Noon ? Any pointers or links to this would be greatly appericiated. btw way the I ve got a SS2,80cm digiquest and Moteck 2100G Motor

Chib

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
chib said:
I wasnt aware pointing your dish to the sun at midday would point to 1W.

The dish must point South (where the sun is at midday) 1 degree West is West of South if that makes sense.

Start off with a vertical mount and point the dish true South and you won't go far wrong.

Any problems come back and let us know.

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
My Location
no mans land
chib a cheap satfinder compass might come in usefull and also saves wasting precious day light