Cutting trees for Hispasat

powel000

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
Paraclipse 2.40m solid dish,
Jonsa 1.80m dish,
3.40m mesh dish,
dreambox7020SI,
relook400S,
HUMAX, dream 500hd
90CM DISH,
My Location
AMMAN-JORDAN
Would you sacrifice few trees for Hispasat. I know this may sound like a stupid question but If you had a chance to cut few tress to recieve Hispasat would you do it. Is it worth it? thx.
 
I guess I would have to say no as I don't speak spanish and the english channels are for the most part easy to get elsewhere.

Depends on what else you can get I suppose, if you speak spanish, and what the trees are and who they belong to :D

L.
 
Thx Lance, I was mostly interested in Fox, Fox ife and AXN. I think they mostly play English programmes. The trees are mine
 
Depends whethr it worth it for you for the limited time before they go secure behind Nagra 2.
 
Some people have a motorised system and can get all the sats except one,so they place another dish somewhere so they can get that one sat.
I wouldn't cut down trees myself.
 
I cut down 8 trees once just to get Panamsat at 45W.

Worth it? yes if you want to fully explore your hobby then just do it or place the dish on a high mast like 20 meters or something.
 
i have to cut the top of the neighbours conifers every year to recive a picture on hispa the lazy cow wont maintain them for my benafit she just laughs at me dragging masses of green out to the van i would'nt mind but i dont watch hispa much mug or what! oh well moving soon so i'll have the last laugh
icon10.gif
 
likvid, absolutely, I love the idea, since I have a high tower on top, I will deffinitley expand the mast size on top of the tower and place the dish there. tahnks again all for the ideas. Man, this forum is a school by itself.
 
well finally cut the trees, have been recieving Hispa for almost 10 days with joy. I guess the joy will not last long.
 
So are there any decent channles on this satellite that are not available on Astra 19.2e, or Hotbird?
 
North Sea FM said:
So are there any decent channles on this satellite that are not available on Astra 19.2e, or Hotbird?



4 PPV movie channels on Cabo and about 6 other movie channels mostly in english with portuguese subtitles are pretty decent
 
I'll cut down anything just on the suspicion of a hint of a sat. My relationship with Mr. Stihl is well documented. I did plant a few fruit trees in the back though in a place where the sat don't shine...
 
@powel000:

I am glad you get 30W now without problems in Amman. This is really amazing :)

I didn't think of trees that could block your western horizon but 11° elevation is indeed a little low.

Do you receive 24/7 all the frequencies of 1C+D ?

Greetings from overcast Stuttgart
 
T_G said:
I'll cut down anything just on the suspicion of a hint of a sat. My relationship with Mr. Stihl is well documented. I did plant a few fruit trees in the back though in a place where the sat don't shine...

Ha ha ha
Now, how much was that chainsaw on amazon?...
:-saw
 
erosennin said:
Ha ha ha
Now, how much was that chainsaw on amazon?...
:-saw

Actually, this one I bought new...was 200 Euro's 3, 4 years ago but wel lworth the investment. Been burning up the ccut trees in the winter, so it already paid itself.

Last saturday I cut down another b****** tree muhuhuhahaha, but this time no satellite excuse O-no . Was just too close to the house and blocking the sun.
 
Deepblue, sorry I did not see ur post until today and by the way thanks for all your help and other members encouragement to go ahead and cut the trees. Deep i CAN SAY WITH A 2.40m solid dish Paraclipse, TV cabo can be recieved here continuous. It did take a lot of trial and error to get the perfect LNB in order to stabilize the signal. I can say finally things are paying of. Regardless, if TV cabo stays open or not, I can say I am enjoying those great channels. Have to say again, the members of this forum have been extremely helpful. There is always so much to learn from other members and their experiences, thats what makes this forum so valuable.
 
hey, there are no spanish chanels open on hispasat without subscription, however
t.v. cabo is currently open ( language is portuguese) films in english plus other
languages and ofcourse venus for those that need to chock the monkey.
regards.
 
That's ok powel000. I hope you'll stay with us here. Reception reports from Jordan aren't that often ;)
 
Back
Top