1m?? i can just about get the Czechs on a 60cm (round ex analogue) dish! Using an Echostar ip3000Va which has a fairly sensitive tuner in it. LNB is BluLine dual output. Half an houspent tweaking the alignment for optimal alignment 3 years ago, b*gger all since then.
How far west Rolf ?
I'm watching CT 1 63% / 100%
AsI type with 97cm & .6db (10yrs old this christmas really must get up and spend some money)
60 miles west of Harrow.
I am in need of help with regards to getting a set up in order to receive Czech TV. Can you please tell me in layman's terms what exactly I need? I live in Chigwell, Essex.
From what I understand, I need to get a card from CZ _http://eshop.skylink.cz/?cls=stoitem&stiid=433 which is fine, it's the gear I really need. I have approached some local satalite companies whom inform me that it'll cost around £ 200 for the kit and install, but they are asking me what satalite it's beaming from?!?!? **parp**
Have a look at Lyngsat.com and all your questions will be answered. Here you will also be able to see roughly what size dish you need in your area...
£200 seems a little steep for a setup, when you can do it yourself for free. It is not that difficult and the forum is here to help with any problems you might encounter...
If you can get czech link card or simular( which is one of payment ) but you need to be registered in czech republic or some of your friends can register it for you . The cards are around 1000-2000 czech koruna._http://www.parabola.cz/cz-sk/cs-link/zakladni-informace-cz/
Then you can receive some czech channels they are encrypted with cryptoworks. They are beaming down from astra on 23.5 . Olso if you get diferent box you can get the same channels from 1west on intelsat ( but your boxe would have to be patched).
As for reception it is dificult astra 23.5 has a very poor fotprint over England, we can get between 50 - 60 % on 1m. dish.
good luck
Hi all, not sure if this helps, I watch a few Czech channels as I have been learning the language for a couple of years. I have a 2nd 80cm dish with a cheap satfinder motor and get CT24 (news), Ocko (music), Public (general) and another which escapes me. Others are encryted. I just have a cheap silvercrest lidl freeview for these or watch them through the skystar on the pc. These are on either Astra 19.2 or 23e. Nothing top quality or expensive here in terms of equipment or viewing but keeps me happy lol.
Sorry to drag this up from the dead - but I too was taken aback by the recommendation of a 1m dish! When Czechlink (as it was) was on Eurobird, I could regularly receive CT1 (when it unencrypted for the news) on a bog standard Sky box with the zone 1 mini-dish here in Staffordshire. Also the Slovak channels on 12.643 were fine if a little weaker - I remember watching TV JOJ all summer one year when it was unencrypted. Was that 2005?
As long as it wasn't raining reception seemed to be constantly pretty good!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.