Czech TV

student

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7025+ 500GB, 85cm transparent dish on motor, 50Mbit line, Czech Link
My Location
East coast UK
Hi guys, I have posted a question previously about Czech TV. I have a few more.

Since then a new Czech channel has became available which is not encrypted (CT24). I have tuned my skybox to it and the picture quality is perfect (using the sky mini-dish). Can I assume that I will be able to receive other Czech channels if I get a cryptoworks receiver and a card with the same dish as the channels are from the same satellite?

My second question is concerning the Czech link moving from Eurobird to Astra3. Does anyone now if this is the true? As I don’t want to buy a receiver just to find the satellite has moved.

Third, does anyone know whether it is possible to buy a UPC Direct package and use it within the UK? All I know about this package is its home at Astra 19* and it includes the Czech channels. What size of dish would I need to use it?

Many thanks for any replies

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Czech link should be moving to 23E by the end of January. Astra 3A will need a reasonble sized dish in the UK - I cant get it in south Scotland using an 80cm dish - its too weak.

student

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East coast UK
Thank you for your response.

I am quite new to fishing for any channels. Basically my aim is to be able to watch Czech TV channels. My main problem is I can only have one small dish on the property as I live in a flat. Could you please recommend me the best way to receive these channels?

I understand I can get these channels also with the UPC package, which is transmitted from Astra 1E and 1G. This diagram http://www.parabola.cz/satelity.php?show=astra1e indicates I could use 50cm dish.

Is there any way I could use one dish to receive sky and the Czech TV with one dish? I.e. two lnb’s on one dish ?

Many thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Only if you use a bigger dish. You can get 19E and 28E quite easily in the UK on an 80 cm dish, with the prime focus on 19E, and an offset lnb on 28E.

You will need a subs card for the UPC package.

student

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East coast UK
I can get the basic family package card for a year for about 150£ and they will even give me a receiver.

Is there any other option to get these channels?

Also Could I use one of the see through dishes?

Thanks

malnik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None...yet
My Location
Bedfordshire, UK
Hi student. I am glad i found you. My wife is from Brno and we are trying to get CR Tv here. We have the news and Top TV. I have a very basic cheap sattelite system from Lidl. I have no idea what sat i have managed to find but we have something!!!

Would like to get Prima....and any others but have no idea how. Will you pay for a subscription? Are there any other channels you have? What sat should i be pointing at??

Sorry to ask...but we look like we want the same thing.

Mal

student

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East coast UK
Hi Malnik

The two options you have is either Czech Link or UPC Direct.

For either of them you will need Cryptoworks receiver and a card.

The Czech link card is one off payment and cost about 75£, you will be able to receive CT1, CT2, Prima but no Nova. The info on Czech link http://www.parabola.cz/cs.php?show=basic1&sekce=czechlink

UPC Direct is like “Czech Sky”, they provide different packages. You can buy the basic subscription for about 150£ a year and you get you box free. http://www.parabola.cz/cs.php?show=basic3&sekce=upc and www.upc.cz There is a dealer for upc in Brno http://www.omko.cz/index.php?uid=172271b8ce1f8c5f&lg=cz&idm=upc

Also the Czech link card should not be officially used abroad, when you buy one you will have to show some ID’s and utility bills, but I guess your wife’s family should be able to sort that out. Furthermore the Czechlink is at home on Eurobird at the moment, it should however move to Astra3 by end of January 06.

That’s all I know so far, hope that helps, if anyone can see any mistake please let me know.

If you find any better information please let me know.

Thanks

malnik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None...yet
My Location
Bedfordshire, UK
Thanks for that... Its a great help.
Have you managed to understand what a patched box is? I see some on ebay that say patched. It says these dont need CAMs Is it worth getting one of these and no CAM/Card? No-one seems to want to tell me, i think its a bit illegal and they are worried about saying!!! £75 isn't bad for the Czechlink card......

Mal

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Not relevant to you

You want the Crypto Czech channels = you pay for them

malnik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None...yet
My Location
Bedfordshire, UK
Analoguesat said:
Not relevant to you

You want the Crypto Czech channels = you pay for them

Thanks for that also.....

So i just need a box that can take a CAM. Any thoughts on best option? I dont need anything else other than the Czech stuff. I'm sure i'll look around but it would be a bonus.

Thanks again..
Mal

student

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East coast UK
Both Czech link and UPC Direct use cryptoworks. You can get either receiver with embedded cryptoworks and a card or you can get any receiver with CI slot cryptoworks cam and a card, which would give you better choice of receivers. The second option would allow you to get a receiver with a hard drive and allow you to record the programs.

I have not been able to find receiver with embedded cryptoworks and a HD, if there is one can someone point me in that direction, please?

If you go with UPC you pay for the card and they will give you a receiver for 1Kcs = 2pence, yes that’s correct.