D2mac decoder

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
I was reading a windup thread on Phills about d2mac decoders, and noticed somthing about Phillips decoders. Stated that can b changed/modified to didgital decoder? what does this meen.whats its function,any1 heard of this or even tried, DAVE.
(DIDN`T post on phills incase its a windup and didn`t want 2 look a stupid c*nt there,)and every1 knows i am here.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No Dave, as far as I know there is no other use for the D2MAC decoder, that is aside from putting it under your satellite receiver to keep it off the ground. :)

Rolf

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 10-Mar-02 AT 02:41 PM (GMT)]got tooooo many boxes under and above it now.I think the best i seen was rip all guts out and make a case for a ELVIS.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Still a few channels up there

When they are finally swtiched off, keep the box power supply to run Elvis directly from mains

jonny bravo

Reaction score
Hi M8's,
You could also do what I did, about 3 years ago with mine.Just put it in the bin.

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
Now come on Johnny (THATS FAR TOO EASY) Wheres the fun in that.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Dear Mr Chips

Rturning to this thread I think you had it more or less right at the beginning, however it was the old BSKYB boxes (which had different sound format in DMAC mode) which could be converted to D2MAC and not the other way round

So your not such a cupid stunt after all, just misled

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
MR small CHOPPER, You sound like i feel,(shouldn`t have gone to pub for dinner)Dragons breathing fire,Had supposed to have gone to watch a play,(as if)I`d Rather watch Man city play.(dont know why she arranges these stupid ideas,FOR CRYING OUT LOUD i`m a builder with every second word starting with F,LOOKS LIKE I COULD BE ON HERE ALL NIGHT,heard a distinctive click of bedroom door methinks LOCK,
ANY 1 come up with a idea what to do with ITV Didge boxes now its gone,Shit load of em around here . some arseholes still askin a ton for em. DAVE.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Dont know if I should answer this (Im also up far too late), wife is getting fed up with more technology that s just materialised in the living room - dont know how she could think it was me, the cat could have broght the wavefinder and the BT broadband kit in -

ITVD boxes, hang onto them, they are worth every penny.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'd agree with that, just bought a couple myself, managed to pick them up for £50 each. Even as a free to air unit I think that they are value for money, not sure whether I'd pay £100 for a second hand one though, You can buy a new upgraded Pace box for £99.95.

Rolf

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
Only a little question guys but Y
(WOT U KNOW AND NOT SAYIN)
DAVE.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Simple

1) DTT is here to stay. We are too far down the path to turn back
2) With so many people that have boxes already in the field, there would be absolutely no chance that any new platform released in the forseeable future, is going to make these redundant.

So why buy new ?