Dancing On Ice

frund

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
triax 1.1 tm 1500ci+ dm patch. Moteck 2100. Intel 4300 based pc . LG7500. 32" lcd
My Location
Wales. UK.
Not for the faint hearted, and the best skaters are being voted off? what a con. The girl from Emmerdale could not skate to save her live absolutely crap has to hang on for dear life to her partner while other excellent skaters are 'voted' off? allegedly. As a footy supporter I mostly see fair play.This skating programme is complete hogwash a whitewash. A load of o'l boll**ks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I must confess to having watched the first series, but really felt that the idea was then finished.

Don't think it's a con, that is what the public are like, they vote for who they like at the time, not necessarily for the best.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
rolfw said:
Don't think it's a con, that is what the public are like, they vote for who they like at the time, not necessarily for the best.

Spot on Rolf, would have thought that everyone realised this by now.

As soon as a public phone-in is included in a programme you know that the voting is going to be for the public favourite, not the best.

If you want the best leave it to the judges.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I think the best will win .... Kyran the rugby guy.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
I think the problem with all these voting programmes is that people vote 'for' a contestant. So if a particular group of people favour a paticular contestant (I am not critisizing anybody !), and the others have somewhat evenly divided supporters, that particular person stays on. It is possible that more Australians may have voted for Emily Symons, more Indians voted for Shilpa Shetty and more Lancastrians voted for 'Ant'. More rational results will be if people were asked to vote 'against', i.e. to vote for the worst contestant to be kicked out. :)

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
PCD said:
More rational results will be if people were asked to vote 'against', i.e. to vote for the worst contestant to be kicked out. :)

That might turn out to be even worse as "supporters" of average contestants vote off the best ones so that there favourites have a better chance. :eek:

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
jimbo said:
I think the best will win .... Kyran the rugby guy.
Tum tee tum :cool:

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
Rob said:
Who cares.
Me ....... and the Champions show was even better. I watched that as opposed to watching England's rubbish performance and I think I made a good choice.:)

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
No more Phillip Schofield. On, or off, ice. ;)

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
I can´t stand programmes like this, there are far too many phone in and vote off programmes for my liking... Its just filler for ITV, and unfortunatly the BEEB are now big on it!

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
S*y One are launching a new show called Shelf Stacker.

100 teenagers all vying for a £170 per week shelf stacking job at Tescos. Ring in to save your favourite candidate...

Just how low can TV sink...