DAVE TV - Red Dwarf

petert74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.3m dish
Panasonic Digibox
My Location
Spain
I read yesterday that they are doing a new series of red dwarf with all the original cast 21 years on from when it started.

However unfortunately they will be showing it on Dave TV, so I am unlikely to ever see it down here in Southern Spain.

Does anyone know if this channel plans to join freesat or transmit Clear via Sky at any time!!!

Although this would not guarantee i will receive it (issue with fringe areas and H transponders!!!!) it may be possible.

Any Ideas??

Also Does any know if there will be any quality channels that are going to sign up to free sat or become clear.

When I mean quality i mean entertaining and not shopping religion indian etc

cheers

pt

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its not a new series - its only 2 episodes to be shown at Easter.

Theres no chance whatsoever of Dave or any other of the mainstream entertainment channels going fta any time soon.

G

The launch queue for Freesat seems to be a closely guarded secret!

I also want Dave (and UK TV History) - but we don't know what their existing Contracts say, nor do we yet see much inclination for BSkyB to free up the 2D TPs they are clogging up with Encrypted stuff that could be shuffled off onto 2C.

Wait and see is all we can realistically do!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The problem is simply money. Each encrypted station gets a few pennies per viewer from the encryption contract. The sums for going fta just dont add up.

Taking ballpark figures we can say there are 8 million sky subscriber households.

Therefore if Dave only gets 1p per household, thats a monthly income of 8million pennies (£80,000). If they go fta then the additional advertising has to be worth at least £80k to them or they start losing money.

p

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm gregorian
5way zone2
My Location
Rainham, essex
Will allways be available to download 10mins after its aired via a torrent