Dead MM

orbiter

Reaction score
When trying to update MM connected everything and inserted card in receiver. Green light on but no red. Removed cam and checked conections, seemed OK. Realised had not reset to DreamLoad. Re inserted cam, no lights. Put in DreamLoad mode in receiver menu but now no lights and cannot get connection. One dead cam in DreamLoad mode. Help please

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
orbiter said:
When trying to update MM connected everything and inserted card in receiver. Green light on but no red. Removed cam and checked conections, seemed OK. Realised had not reset to DreamLoad. Re inserted cam, no lights. Put in DreamLoad mode in receiver menu but now no lights and cannot get connection. One dead cam in DreamLoad mode. Help please

Sometimes Dead MM's can be brought back to live by using a CAS- Interface. Have you got one ? also I am sure a cam repair shop will not break the BANK.

rjosef

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Razor said:
Sometimes Dead MM's can be brought back to live by using a CAS- Interface. Have you got one ? also I am sure a cam repair shop will not break the BANK.

I have got one Cas interface, I have do the work bat it seemed always have problem. Wen I put the CAM with card inside the receiver a message " no card inside the cam" apper. I have the LDA/DUDEZ in the cam info.

Heeeeeelp please

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Did you set the connection to the correct port.....e. g. Com1 or 2

orbiter

Reaction score
Razor said:
Now have CAS interface & CAS studio. Re prog cam with no problem but then had same problems as a later post with "no card detected"

I thought it out and decided to make the cam a MR. Great, workes fine. If a card is inserted still get "No card detected". If a card is inserted in an origional MR it tells you the card info.

Problem is proved that the card reading part of the Magic cam is not working. Anyone have any ideas.

orbiter

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
orbiter said:
Now have CAS interface & CAS studio. Re prog cam with no problem but then had same problems as a later post with "no card detected"

I thought it out and decided to make the cam a MR. Great, workes fine. If a card is inserted still get "No card detected". If a card is inserted in an origional MR it tells you the card info.

Problem is proved that the card reading part of the Magic cam is not working. Anyone have any ideas.

orbiter

MM to MR was a good move.
Your half way there, must be something simple as to why it does not detected the card.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There is a little card sensor inside the CAM, so perhaps it is damaged, whether it is repairable is another matter altogether though.