debug option in dragoncam

newboy45

Reaction score
My Location
East Midlands
hi everybody,
i am newboy45. new to this field. i would like advise form the members on the subject of key editing.
i recently bought a dragon cam with the loader card and it is working fine with my manhattan plaza 3300ci apart from the occasional freezing. this works fine when the receiver is switched off and on again.

my question is how to use the debug option on channels that do not open. when i go to this option in the dragoncam it comes with the various options such as irduto Seca etc. once you click on the correct encryption it gives you the option of three boxes where you can enter the numbers.
i am stuck at this point.
there are generally four sets of keys such as
** ** -----
** ** ----
** ** -----
** ** ----
or if you go into the internet for a particular code you get things such as

08/ ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** or
remote keys
such as **** **** **** **** **** ---- and so on

some sites have a multiple of this to a single channel. i have tried a number of forums to understand this and have come to a blank. i have also downloaded a hex to dec converter program and note that the hex key and the remote keys shown for a particular combination in the internet site is different to the decimals keys that i get when i tap in the same hex keys in to the converter.
please help me with this. i am new hence i would request a detailed explanation on how these systems work within the rules of the forum.

thanks very muuch in advance

newboy45

daveenty

Irregular Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Plaza ST550
Dragon 4.1,
Cas2 + Add on.
Mastera card progger.
Lots of Ice Scrapers :-)
My Location
North West UK
Firstly, download latest keys in zip file, then: -

(Blatantly stolen from another forum)

1 OPEN MENU AND GO TO THE DRAGON CAM.

2 OPEN DEBUG.

3.GO DOWN TO CONAX LAST IN LIST CLICK OK AND CLICK OK AGAIN ON CANEL+ THAT WILL TAKE YOU TO WHERE YOU CAN START YOUR KEY CHANGE PROCESS..

4.OPEN EXP 20,, AND CHANGE EACH LINE OF 8 LINE OF NUMBERS FROM TOP TO BOTTOM USING KEYS PROVIDED IN ZIP
SAVE EACH LINE ON ENTRY OF LAST THREE DIGITS ITS THE SAME SETUP AS UPDATING KEYS IN A MR CAM ...

5. OPEN MOD 20 AND DO THE SAME AS ABOVE BUT USE THE MOD KEYS AND SAVE

I don't have a Dragon Cam, so can't confirm, though have spoken to others who can and say it works.

newboy45

Reaction score
My Location
East Midlands
thanks daveenty,
i am still not clear of the process and think i've got a lot to learn. the way i used the dragon cam was to download the predator xxx software in zipped format. open the dra file. program the card using the infinity usb programmer in infinity mode and load the dra file to the funcard 7 by the com port.
then using the cam load the programmed card into the manhattan receiver.
once loaded the card is removed as per the method suggested in the support for the cam.
does the method stated by you to update the keys require the receiver to be permanently connected to the computer to change the keys as i do not know where the exp 20 or the mod 20 come from.
the only thing i know is that once i select the canel+ in the debug option on the dragoncam it comes up with three boxes where i can enter the numbers. is it the same as entering the (ie: ****) the last three numbers of -*** eight times separately into the boxes. alternatively could you please elaborate further on your statement as updating keys in a matrix cam.
have you used downloader 2.8. if so will you be in a position to give me a tutorial on it as the how to use it seems to be in a different language. alternatively could you direct me to a relevant site where the instructions are in english
cheers