Decode recorded Sky files using geniune card?

daKlone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyHD & Sky+
My Location
West Sussex
After installing my new FloppyDTV DVB-S2 card and Dragon/T-Rex CAM I am able to watch Sky on my PC quite nicely using my genuine subscription card!

:-bubbly

DVBViewer v3.9.4.0 is still giving me some problems, but that's a different post!

Anway, what I want to do now is find out if there is a way of taking the recorded programmes on my SkyHD box, transferring them to my PC, decoding them for conversion to AVI or MP4?

I'm pretty sure I can do the transfer and format conversion, it's the decoding I'm not so clear on.

In addition to the equipment I already mentioned, I also have a CAS3+ programmer (in case it might be some use!!).

Any help appreciated!

daKlone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyHD & Sky+
My Location
West Sussex
As I'm sure everyone is waiting with baited breath for news on this (judging by the flood of replies!)...here is the news:

1. I have sucessfully extracted programmes from my Sky+ HDD and stored them on my PC.

2. The FTA programmes are easy to convert to XviD-compressed AVI files (or whatever type of file you want, really) and I have done several very sucessfully.

3. The encrypted programmes are a bit more difficult. I am currently stuck while trying to get NDSCam 0.0.0.7 to work without "No DCW Precent" errors.

If anyone has any comments on this, or can offer suggestions...or just to say "Hi", please feel free! :)

jphili

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Twin monoblock and twin LNB on 80cm transparant dish rigged for twin reception from HB Astra 1 and 2 + TopField TF 7700 HDPVR + TwinHan VisionDTV
My Location
BE
I've got Poor Man's CAM 2 (_http://joshyfun.peque.org/PMCAM2/index.html) up and running, but still have to figure out which of the streams to select to have a non-empty output file.

daKlone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyHD & Sky+
My Location
West Sussex
Interesting...but you do realise the PMCAM supports SECA and not NDS (the encyrption used on Sky transmissions) right? So if you're trying to use it on Sky programming it won't ever work.

What exactly have you recorded?

jphili

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Twin monoblock and twin LNB on 80cm transparant dish rigged for twin reception from HB Astra 1 and 2 + TopField TF 7700 HDPVR + TwinHan VisionDTV
My Location
BE
Yup, you're probably right with regards to the sky encryption, hadn't thought of the difference from the CanalDigitaal package :-doh!

daKlone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyHD & Sky+
My Location
West Sussex
daKlone said:
As I'm sure everyone is waiting with baited breath for news on this (judging by the flood of replies!)...here is the news:

1. I have sucessfully extracted programmes from my Sky+ HDD and stored them on my PC.

2. The FTA programmes are easy to convert to XviD-compressed AVI files (or whatever type of file you want, really) and I have done several very sucessfully.

3. The encrypted programmes are a bit more difficult. I am currently stuck while trying to get NDSCam 0.0.0.7 to work without "No DCW Precent" errors.

If anyone has any comments on this, or can offer suggestions...or just to say "Hi", please feel free! :)

Well, I'm sad to say that I've given up on this for now.

I can't get encyrpted programmes decoded and have read elsewhere that this is because I'm using a Pace V1 Sky+ box, which according to others does something strange with the ECM information meaning that you can't decode it later.

It's strange, because ProgDVB seems happy enough to show the programmes in real-time, with NDSCam throwing out the same errors (and showing very similar ECM information)! :confused

I also tried my SkyHD box, but for some reason +Extract couldn't see all of the recorded programmes so it was a bit 'pot luck' as to which you could get off. It also had the same NDSCam problem anyway.

So unless anyone has any further info on this, I'd say the only thing you can do is extract FTA programmes from your Sky+ box and sometime from a SkyHD box.

If anyone needs help on how to do it, drop me a line.