Decrypt an encrypted recording?

rasmus_165

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR DVD connected with multiple devices, stainery quad computers to laptops.
My Location
Sweden
If you are recording two encrypted programs simultaneously on a DM8000 then one. ts file is stored encrypted on the hard disk.

Is there any way to stream the encrypted program to a computer, and decrypt it simultaneously? As it is now, I will only be able to watch one of the two programs I recorded.

Perhaps there is a supplemental program that automatically decrypts the encrypted recordings when the dreambox is not used for example during the night or a solution where you can record two encrypted programs simultaneously, and both are saved decrypted?

Using only the dreambox for streaming, the box is in Sweden and I live in spain.

(Sry if my english is bad) :p

Thanks in advance!

Sephiro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000 HD
My Location
Paisley
I'm not sure why your second recording is being left encrypted because if I record two encrypted programs at once then both are unencrypted when I go to play them back and I'm assuming that's how it should work or having multiple tuners would be pointless (for reference I can also stream two encrypted channels at the same time over the network too without an issue - well other than lack of a decent streaming client anyway).

It therefore sounds like a (cam?) configuration issue of some sort as it sounds like the feed from your second tuner isn't being decrypted for some reason when it should be? What satellite/channels are you connecting to and what image and cam config are you using on the dreambox?

rasmus_165

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR DVD connected with multiple devices, stainery quad computers to laptops.
My Location
Sweden
Sephiro said:
I'm not sure why your second recording is being left encrypted because if I record two encrypted programs at once then both are unencrypted when I go to play them back and I'm assuming that's how it should work or having multiple tuners would be pointless (for reference I can also stream two encrypted channels at the same time over the network too without an issue - well other than lack of a decent streaming client anyway).

It therefore sounds like a (cam?) configuration issue of some sort as it sounds like the feed from your second tuner isn't being decrypted for some reason when it should be? What satellite/channels are you connecting to and what image and cam config are you using on the dreambox?

Thanks for youre answere!
The channels im tryiing to record from/view are swedish so it wont make any sence for you.

I have a fresh installed DM8000 with Enigma 2, LT-Sixth.4 and a physical cam with a program card in it. I had a thought that i might need a softcam, or should it work anyways?