Diablo programmer, cams, cards . . . . overview / idiots guide?

tvsatman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digital 1200 M CI with fixed dish
My Location
uk
I have been advised I can access the Canal Digitaal package buy using a Diablo programmed cam, before I invest in a programmer and cam etc is there somewhere an idiots guide or an overview of how this system works for a complete newbie? (sorry if I have missed this somewhere but I have already tried a search).

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
The only channels open are probably the Irdeto encrypted channels on 19.2E, which are currently available using keys.
If you bought a Diablo cam you would also need a newish Cas programmer, to update the cam, when adding these together you would probably be better off getting a new receiver, some of which can do a lot more than the Diablo cam and probably last you a lot longer.

tvsatman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digital 1200 M CI with fixed dish
My Location
uk
Mickha said:
The only channels open are probably the Irdeto encrypted channels on 19.2E, which are currently available using keys.
If you bought a Diablo cam you would also need a newish Cas programmer, to update the cam, when adding these together you would probably be better off getting a new receiver, some of which can do a lot more than the Diablo cam and probably last you a lot longer.

Sorry I'm sure I'm being a bit slow here :) - how would a new receiver help? surely I would still need a Irdeto cam and some sort of programmed card? . . . by the way thanks for your help on this.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
With newer, more modern, receivers you can load patches, images, and use keys to open the few channels remaining. You can also use some receivers for card sharing, and some have a gift, which just means they connect to a private server for about 12 months.
Check the sponsors web sites and give them a call, if you have any questions.