Did DMAC/D2MAC really give poor pics?

totalacedude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Edit. 5620 several 500,'s (clones) vu duo blackhole pc server 95cms motorised dish blah blahh
My Location
crewe
hahah that takes me back!
only modded my bsb box to watch that as a bord teen lol
all that effort for 1 channel! look at what happens with cs now : 0 /
lol

Jumpstart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish
My Location
North East
D2 Mac was of its day. I remember getting a box and watching the naughty stuff on TV1000. :D Wow, that was hard stuff back then. Nowadays, mature content is so easy to get hold of it's boring.

Regards the picture, well it was okay, of its day. It would be unacceptable by today's standards.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Jumpstart said:
Regards the picture, well it was okay, of its day. It would be unacceptable by today's standards.

Too good you mean.

baxter7964

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6900 HD Combo Super motorised 30w-39e 90cm,diabo2,diablo2.3v.Compaq pc Windows 7
My Location
SE England
Dmac/Dmac2 was good on it's day,i remember using a Pace 500ip,with a external Dmac decoder,1.2m echostar,as the decoder grew older with use,the grainier the picture become,.....Filmnet,Eros R.I.P. They were good days,never be fogotten.

owenski

Reaction score
The D2 mac days where great. TV1000, Filmnet, BBC Prime, TV3 Denmark Norway and Sweden+ Tv Norge and TV Danmark. I had a Amstrad SRD 2000 satellite receiver back in 1997 Then the nearby satellite shop sold me my first d2 mac decoder and it was a Multimac 400 with a goldcard.

Back in 1997 I did not even have a card programmer so had to take my goldgold card down to the satellite shop once a month to them to update it for me for £5

I had d2mac decoders right to the end and I had gone through alot of them too.
My first d2mac decoder was a brand new Multimac 400 Then after it broke the next Three d2 mac decoders I got were second hand and they were,

A Philips CTU900 (never liked this one as it was buggy) Then I had a Pace D2 mac then finally I got a Churchhill D2mac decoder

I still have the Churchhill decoder in the loft as I have not got the heart to bin it even though I know its useless now.

jasonlong75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, FTA HD @ 28 East, Astra 1 FTA @ 19.2 East, Hotbird FTA @ 13 East. Packard Bell Desktop PC with Mobile Broadband (T-Mobile)
My Location
Blackwood, South East Wales
I have still got my Philips CTU900, now in my attic, I did not want to bin it when D2Mac finished, I bought it second hand from a chap nearby 10 years ago. The decoder came with a 1 meter dish, a postioner which was broken, and a Pace Mss 1000 receiver which broke down, The Pace was not worth repairing. When I did use the decoder I only had a poor picture on it when I did not align the dish properly on the satellites, I used to align the dish manually in a old spare car wheel.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
i remember d2mac.
tv 1000 was giving sky a run for the money.
all live usa boxing from las vagas.
and the adult stuff after midnight here in italy.
the best part was the programble smart card .
someone would post an update and you could use the push button keys and get it back up in hours
good old days.
ralph

owenski

Reaction score
ralphmagno said:
hello,
the best part was the programble smart card .
someone would post an update and you could use the push button keys and get it back up in hours
ralph

Yes even though I mostly used goldcards for my d2 mac decoders I do also remember at one point I also bought one of these push putton Programmable green cards.

I think the card I had was called Bpsc euro card or something like that. You rang up this guy in Swansea in england to listen to the new codes he recorded on his answer phone then I would use the d2 mac decoder remote control to type in the new codes.

here is a link to you tube for all the TV1000 channel logos over the years

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzqT2_fAqbM&playnext=1&list=PLD36F71AB7D932007

weakbit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90 Wavefrontier 5°;0,8°W-4,8°7°;9°;10°;13°;16°;19,2°;21,5°;23,6°;26°;31,5°;33;39°;42°
My Location
Vienna Austria
what is the em to discuss the picture quality from a old system like the D2MAC here in the board - OK well for a nostalgic perspective (Kaptain Jack knows well about this old systems) is that OK but how I can test my old D2MAC decoder if I don't have one here and all the old stuff is on the trash?
I understand well I must build my own coder and decoder!