Dielectric plate ?

The inventor placed a 9/16" wrench socket wrapped in aluminum tape at the three O'Clock position. He claims that this works better then conical scalar on offset 1.2 m dish.

To my mind a flat piece of aluminum about that size would work just as well. My guess is that the rf is circulating on the scalar rings and this guides them into the throat of the LNBF
 
doktorofsat said:
my dielectric plate, modified rusian:)

I tried this dielectric plate, the result when dielectric plate go all into the LNB chanel A reception was good, otherwise when dielectric plate does not included all to the LNB, chanel B reception was good but the chanel A so not good...
any solution please
 
hi satcom1 i tried using a socket on the scaler at 3 and 9 o clock made no difference.
 
doktorofsat said:
hi vipersana and okyop

I have little time but noew I made da scheatics of the plate and I will upload soon at the memeber dish at DoktorOfSat SETUP.Stay tunned:)

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/867911-post1.html

Dear doktorofsat,
Now only i have read this topic about to improve the Circular polarization C-Band signals. Please guide me whether i have to try your measurements, or any further improved design available with you. If so please upload it. Expecting your reply.
 
you will lose a signal
dielectric plate won't let you get more
get a proper lnb like the invacom

+

Vipersan said:
Hi friends ..
Can anyone tell me where I might find a slab of dielectric material for use in my H/V switching lnbf ?
I did already mention in a previous thread that the plate wasn't supplied with the lnbf as standard issue ..
It was suggested that I try cutting a piece out of a trade paint tub ..but either its the wrong material or isn't thick enough ..
I do know that I've had some success with a slice of polythene kitchen chopping board ...and that the presence of the dielectric is essential for resolving the weaker signals.
..for example
ERTU on 1 west is non existant without the plate..
With a thin piece of paint tub I get about S=10 % and Q = 9%
with the slice of cutting board this rises to S=20% and Q = 17% ..
The signal level will rise to useful levels(short periods of useful clear pictures) on a cloudless sky day.

Just as an afterthought ...my lnbf is rated 17K ....but I have seen simillar construction13K lnbf's for sale in the US ...

Would it be wortwhile having one of these shipped to the UK ?
would the extra 4K give me any noticeable improvement ...or am I just expecting too much from my dish..?

rgds
 
macssam said:
you will lose a signal
dielectric plate won't let you get more
get a proper lnb like the invacom

+

No disrespect intended macsam but either you do not appear to know or understand the subject.

I would suggest you famaliarise yourself with first principles of Circular depolarisation and C-band before making throw away comments ..
This is a C band forum and I suspect you refer to a ku band lnb produced by Invacom ..
If I am wrong then please enlighten me ...as I'm always open to investigation of new equipment.

rgds
VS
 
C Lnb 001.webpC Lnb 002.webpC Lnb 003.webpLittle bit different subject BUT, I found out funny matter today. I made/cut thin plastic "lid" and put it Lnb. Now it give 2-3% better signals from Linear channels 66E-83E. Circular ones weakening clearly identifiable 10% or more when using normal dielectric plate (TM 5402 signal meter). Now first time picture for e.g 66E 3894H. Without that plastic no picture.
Is it something with crosspolarity or ??


(on pictures white one only testpiece)
 
i can,t offer an explanation - "Kveys" -
but its an interesting find!
those satellites are out of reach for my setup - so i cant compare your findings .
when i get a chance i must try something similar on Paksat 38 E which is Linear , and is a difficult sat to get signals from -- for me here

regards nelson.b.
 
:eek: Thinking first that everyone say I´m crazy or something :)
But yes, some channels got better signals than ever. 2-3% not much but enough for some needs. That 66E 3894H need 74% signal (TM 5402) to give picture. Earlier 70-72% and freezy pic sometimes. Why they use 8PSK in C-band O-no
But my "new channel" 76.5E Indonesian MNC Int. go down 5% (60% -> 55%). Some other channels less signal also but about 60% got little bit more. Thaicom 78.5 some freqs first time over 70%.
 
For C band , there are others Russian's home made plate, this one works fine with 1.2m meter, less good with 1.80m but not so bad.

Some pics of mine:
1.webp 2.webp 3.webp 4.webp

And the detailed measured for a normal dielectric plate home-made

5.webp
 
I am using a similar plate (doctor of sat design)... Works well but will want to play some more later in the year.
 
When I was using the Teflon dielecric plate for C band reception on some Russian satellites, I found that there is a slight drop in the signal on the none circular channels.

Thanks
 
a very interesting read...
 
Back
Top