Digi Box

B

bond

Hi guys, read with interest the question about prices of boxes etc. My contract has expired and I rang our friends from ITV to accept their generous offer of a reduced subscription of £3 per month. But alas not to be, they have withdrawn this offer it must have been a tad too generous. The question I havee is if I call their bluff and say nope I dont want it, will a chappie realy come and collect box???

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Chances are they will collect the box, you can either buy your own on the internet or at local auction or boot sale, or wait until the new FTA boxes come out, probably in the next 3 months or so.

Rolf

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
errrrrrrm......... rolf my friend....... for the dunces amongst us.... whats an FTA box and since when was it coming out in 3 months or so?????

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 15-Jan-02 AT 11:15 PM (GMT)]Dave,

Pace are bringing out a free to air box, in conjuction with the BBC in the next few months, but there are two other manufacturers bringing out boxes that are likely to be in direct competition and they're likely to be out in the interim period.

All of the boxes are likely to have cam slots for later subscription.

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
There are manufacturers out there making them already but some are for the commercial market and so the pricing is prohibitive.

Vicsson C1000T
Unicom DVT101
DigiAll
Sagem IDT4000
Hi Top - do a brilliant complete monitor and receiver with CI in a laptop sized package (Ti-dTV
ITIS of France
Intelsis - more commercial
ITALTEL - used to do DVB-T for Italy
Even Humax have a terrestrial prototype of the CI 5100 (the 5100T)

Thomson, Philips, Sony and Techsan also have developments just arond the corner

Why wait for Pace ?