digibox goes off channel

davidlord

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
mostly various SKY set ups
My Location
SouthWest UK
I have installed a system into a hotel incorporating a triax multiswitch feeding 8 pace ds430N's. the problem is that the box providing ITV1 regularly goes to a different channel, usually 998. I have fitted SMC re-set devices in case of power outages, and also a "channel blipper" which sends 103 to the offending box every ten minutes. When on site I have tested everything many times and all seems ok, but the customer insists that ITV keeps going off channel. What I really want is any ideas on what causes this problem rather than ways of re-setting. I have already tried swapping out the box and card - no joy! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this thing's driving me nuts!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well for some reason that/those particular box/boxes is/are resetting, if none of the others are affected, it must be a power input problem.

davidlord

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
mostly various SKY set ups
My Location
SouthWest UK
rolfw said:
Well for some reason that/those particular box/boxes is/are resetting, if none of the others are affected, it must be a power input problem.

Thanks for your suggestion, as you can imagine this thing is driving me crazy.
Apparently this is a known problem, hence the existance of the "channel blipper" (Global make them). Unfortunately, no one has an answer, except to say that it's some kind of software glitch. For 99.99% of users it would hardly be an issue, because the digibox doesn't need to stay on one channel continuously.
I will be back on site next week, so will try swapping the power lead and socket with one of the other digiboxes (the electrician provided a bank of twin 13 Amp sockets for me), to test your theory.
Once again many thanks, and if anything else springs to mind please let me know

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
er, when you say "the box providing itv", is that way of doing it legal? (I know Sky do a "hotel license", but not any details).

Try swapping 2 boxes round, see if "itv" one changes on other channels too.

If continues, try software update (doesn't sound like software, but still worth trying).

Power supply stabilisation kits are available form several places.