My Satellite Setup
DM 500s
Gemini
Release 0470
CCcam 214
My Location
North Wales
Hi!

I've got a fixed system which is daisy chained - Sky,Echostar DSB 2110 2CI Viaccess,Video,Tv.

When I tune the video and tv in, both Sky and Hotbird etc. are on the same channel. We have a distrubution system to other tv's in the house and I would like to be able to watch Hotbird, while others watch Sky.

Can you help please.

Many thanks

Sab

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I don't know how your distributon system works, but you can easily solve the problem of "Sky" & "Hotbird" being "on the same channel" - you have 2 options in fact
(a) use SCART connections from the two satellite receivers to different lines in the TV
(:cool: if you have something which is taking the signals from the RF outputs of the receivers, simply tune them to transmit on different channels/frequencies (become two different channels on your TV).
2old

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes Sab, as 2old says change the frequency on one of the satellite units. The Digibox can be changed by going into Services/System Setup/01 Select/RF Outlets, depending on which channels the other units are transmitting on, you can adjust it to a clear frequency. The Digibox comes preset at channel 68 for some reason, but if you are distributing it, it is better in the lower frequencies, as it will travel round the system better.

Rolf

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello Sab

If you live in the UK, have a look at these links for some further advice on this.

I found it very useful as I have two different Terrestrial Transmitters nearby.

http://www.ant.org.uk/cgi-bin/tv2.pl
http://developer.domaindlx.com/diyha/scripts/selectregion.asp

Regards

W Hole

Sab

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500s
Gemini
Release 0470
CCcam 214
My Location
North Wales
Many thanks to 2old4this, Rolf & W Hole for the information.
I managed to tune the Digibox into another channel and everything is O.K.

Regards
Sab